or Connect

Posts by sdmoose

Yes, I did have pre-existing high blood pressure. But it was strange...in that my baseline was around 130's/90, but would go up with situational stresses (school, lack of sleep, etc) to maybe 160/100 or so. I was stable BP on very low dose diuretic prior to pregnancies. It was normal during both pregnancies without meds and went up at the end. I got sicker with pre-eclampsia with the 2nd and it did take about 3 weeks-1 month for BP to come down to my baseline level (this...
I agree: Zoloft (I think) has smallest amount of drug that gets into breastmilk of the most popular antidepressants. I can't remember where Paxil is on the list, but I don't think it is much. I took labetalol after my 2nd son was born due to PIH and pre-eclampsia. I'm still on it, but lower dose now. I did notice that at high dose labetalol it made me quite sleepy. What is your blood pressure? Don't let those meds keep you from breastfeeding. Shouldn't be a...
Hey all, I'm hoping someone can offer some new advice for my friend. She has newborn who is very slow to gain weight. Not back to birth weight at 2 1/2 weeks. Apparently baby is pretty sleepy and she wakes her for every feed. The baby's latch is apparently pretty good (has been evaluated by lactation consultant) but baby was pinching the nipples so they are pretty raw and sore. Apparently baby also isn't very good at pulling nipple in --doesn't have a strong suck. I just...
I have two boys. My oldest woke a lot during the night for a long time. He was highly active, "highly interactive", high touch baby. He nursed a lot during the night. This was a pattern from DAY 1 with him. He'd have awake periods during the night starting the first night home with him. My second ds has been an easy, calm, mellow baby since DAY 1. I also noticed their in-utero personality matched their personality out of utero. I have not been sleep deprived with this...
Outside time! When my non-stop talking-needing-constant-interaction 3.5 year old is going a bit batty, a trip outside or walk to the park does the trip everytime. Often I can sit on the bench with ds#2 and let ds#1 play on the play equipment. He often finds buddies at the park to play with. He's also in part-time school/daycare and that helps A LOT. Playdates? As much as you probably don't need the interaction, it might be good for your dd. What about inviting a friend...
One very simple thing I learned with my 3 year old. If I phrase something like "if you don't stop doing....or if you keep doing such and such, then..." he will inevitably keep doing it. But if I phrase it: "do you want to keep playing with such and such" or "do you want mama to stay and play with you". He answers YES. then I say "then you need to stop doing...such and such". And he then cooperates. It works like magic with him. That's only one small parenting victory....
How do I help my 3 year old ds? He just melts in frustration when he isn't first in everything?!? Worse, of course, when he's hot and tired. Just looking for some positive thoughts! Thanks
Hey! Sending you words of encouragement. It does not last forever. My ds #1 was a "velcro" baby. I remember the feeling of being "touched out" very well! Just having time in the shower alone was so great! My ds #2 is a bit more mellow and my body has already been through this before and I have learned a few things. The saying "9 months in and 9 months on" really fit ds #1. He was attached to me until he could crawl...then he was off! I notice that with both kids evening...
I feel for you! I have high needs ds#1 who is a bit older than your ds. He still goes to school part-time while I'm home on maternity leave (my saving grace), but what saves me on days he is home all day with me and ds#2 is to have a playdate. Honestly, my husband and I have said many times that ds #1 would be much happier if he had older siblings and cousins and grandparents that lived nearby. He is so highly "interactive" that we just get worn out with him because he...
Baby Max was born March 31st, not on April 3rd. Thanks!