or Connect

Posts by Realrellim

Shanti--I haven't done it but have read about it. I don't think there's much of a difference between gardening in squares and gardening in rows, so it basically boils down to which you prefer. I prefer rows for most of my veggies. My tomatoes come much closer to the square foot gardening concept because I fit as many as I can in tomato bed, plus at least one zucchini plant. The upside is that I fit a lot in (I think they argue for one tomato plant per square foot; I...
Plady--how do you have a video of Frozen already? I thought they weren't releasing it until next month? So sorry you have to miss the hot springs. Nic--only vaguely. I generally thought it was overrated and I'm not a very romantic person anyhow. I used to have a boyfriend who gave me flowers on a regular basis, which I thought was a complete waste of money because I can't smell and am not a flower person anyhow. (DH was warned not to waste money on flowers for me years...
Geo--hope you can find a solution. That's awful. FWIW, I've done it, but if it's before breakfast it's a combo of not sleeping enough + sinus drainage (and/or at least one side of my nose being stuffed up) + a little bit of gas. Crystalized ginger helps some, as do sinus rinses and anything else I need to do to open up those sinus passages. If after breakfast, it was because I was drinking orange juice and suddenly, my body decided it wasn't friends with orange juice....
1jooj--thank you so much for your post. I really enjoyed your descriptions. Glad you had a good trip too. BBM--yay for 4! There's a time for low mileage and a time for high mileage. Hopefully the high mileage will return in time, if you desire. mommajb-- for your juggling. Mel38--Glad you were able to enjoy the oyster roast and avoid actually winning any of the auctions. I've experienced that feeling of relief often. Regarding the energy at the meeting in the...
Geo--I don't remember if I thanked you for the fluorescent mineral information, but if not, thank you! I was looking for the link to the synthetic ruby you mentioned and really appreciated all the other info as well. As for school boards, yes. I didn't think this could happen here, and even after they got elected I was pretty optimistic that it wouldn't get extreme. They've only been in office since late November. Plady--That sounds like an uncomfortable tension to...
MelW--interesting link! BBM--maybe a Dingo just isn't logged in? I've accidentally read as a guest before when my computer logged me out somehow, and only discovered I was a guest when I went to post. bec--hope they did well today! RR: 11 miles, 7.25 outside in sun (sun! melting snow!) and then the rest on the treadmill after book group. I didn't go to the school board meeting this morning, but it was ugly and short. The short version: they pushed our superintendent...
Mel38--hang in there. I like the idea of the catalog under the desk. bec--is that the solo & ensemble contest? It sounds like it, or at least a modern version of it. Our band director invited me to join the junior high kids when I was in fifth grade and I did it every year after that. Fun stuff. I accompanied a number of kids as I got older too, and it was kind of fun to see how the younger ones fared. I hope they do really well and enjoy those medals! It's almost...
Nic--great report! You may be amused to know that I also am flipped out by naked people in the locker room, to the point that when two ladies who'd gotten out of the pool were, I dunno, applying lotion or something that I managed to leave my hat because I didn't do my usual visual sweep of the bench to make sure nothing was left behind. Also, I think an outdoor tri is a lot more fun and as an added benefit, has no naked people. The biking part is pretty simple because...
kerc (and geo?)--R is doing a science project on florescent rocks for the science fair and I just discovered that apparently there's more than one type of UV light. She received a kit with a UV penlight for her birthday, but we also ordered a really cool-looking one from Ebay and the seller had all this detail about different wavelengths of UV light:Her UV light works, but doesn't give it the really cool colors. I'm thinking we should get a second UV light (maybe...
Yes. One of the things I love best about our GT centers is that they focus on the socio-emotional aspects, which sometimes involves various levels of scaffolding to help with those organizational skills. This year all our third-graders received planners and were rewarded with a poker chip each day that their planners are filled out and signed. Those can be traded in for erasers and other trinkets. Though one of the kids was stealing other poker chips so apparently she...