or Connect

Posts by Ellie'sMom

Hi Serena! I live in Gainesville, but my kids are much older. There is a group called Gainesville Attachment Parenting (GAP) that is pretty active around here. I would google them. I think lots of local MDC-type folks are connected with GAP. 
I'm pasting below my post from 2005 when I had PUPPP. Hope it helps!     PUPPP is the worst!!!! I am 38.5 weeks pg with twins and started having symptoms at about 35 weeks. This is more than just an itchy belly. It starts with the stretch marks on your belly and then spreads almost everywhere. Not only is it the kind of itching that make you feel like you are losing your mind, but it is an ugly rash. I had little blisters and hives on my arms, legs, tops of feet...
I'm such a dork. I opened this thread because I thought it was going to be a discussion of the pros and cons of prostate cancer screening. Which seemed like a really weird TAO thread topic...   As to resort wear, I live in FL. I definitely hear you!
I have been lurking on this thread with great interest, and I am so disappointed in this response. Peggy, I do not read where anyone was personally attacking you or the veracity of anything you have said (with the exception of the one post about asking questions to increase "clicks: which I don't think deserves a response.) I think this has been a civil discussion, but I think posters feel dissatisfied with your lack of response after entering the conversation. And now it...
As a health care provider, I just wanted address the concerns about her circling items under Anticipatory Guidance. That just means that she addressed those items during the visit. It does not mean their was any type of problem. That section is used to record education/discussion regarding issues that the provider anticipates (usually based on age) the parent and child will be faced with in the coming year. Other categories can be safety, nutrition, sleep,...
The phrase "white privilege" comes from race theory and has a very particular meaning that does not imply that the privileged individual is "above" others. In fact, it doesn't really refer to the individual at all. It is a societal phenomenon. According to Wikipedia White privilege may be defined as the "unearned advantages of being White in a racially stratified society."         http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege
I did lots of yoga pants and plus-sized clothing as well. If you need to look nice, consider getting a few pieces altered. My breasts were NOT in proportion with my enormous belly, so I took a couple of plus-sized tops to a seamstress and had them taken in in the chest. The best thing (maybe the only good thing?) about being hugely pregnant in the summer is maxi dresses and sun dresses. I hated having anything around my belly towards the end, and just lived in dresses. 
I gained 45#, but I am someone who has a hard time putting on weight in pregnancy. I gained less than 20 with my singleton.    I followed Barbara Luke's guidelines and aimed for a very high protein diet and gaining 20# by 20 weeks. I'm a true believer in this approach. My twins were each bigger than my singleton, and I went past my due date in spite of early cervical shortening. If you are eating lots of high quality protein, I would not sweat the weight gain. Trust...
I think she has a case of MILitis. My MIL has it too. My dd was a terrible sleeper, and MIL just couldn't get over it since both of her kids slept through the night by 5 weeks. Fastforward to the toddler years, and she was amazed at how much interaction my kids needed. You see when DH was 2, they could just sit him by a window and he would happily watch trucks go by for an hour. You get the idea...  
Dogs can be carriers of tetanus. They do not necessarily have symptoms. As for the timing, I assume it is already morning now, so maybe you have gone in. If it was a 1 cm deep puncture wound which did not bleed, the reality is that this is a higher risk wound...no  fear-mongering intended! Only you can decide. TIG is not going to be available at a pediatrician. The only place outside the ER I can think of is a health department, maybe? It might be worth a call. Hugs,...