or Connect

Posts by Mel4ministry

Another thing we've done to save money is we've gotten to know some of the local farmers, especially the ones that are chemical free and/or organic.  We offer to buy up what's left of their weekly harvest after their CSA is all picked up for a flat rate.  At the end of the season we go and glean whatever is left as generally they have so much left over out in their gardens that they'd rather see someone use it than see it go to waste.     Also, at the Farmer's Market...
We make all of our toiletries and cleaning supplies here at home.   Making your own laundry soap is SUPER easy, lasts forever, works great, and is SUPER cheap!  I like the Duggar's recipe, but I'm sure there are others out there as well.  http://duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/duggar-recipe-liquid-laundry-soap.html   If you go on Pinterest you'll find recipes for deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and pretty much anything else imaginable.  Start...
Another thing I've done to be frugal is watch the discount produce rack at my local grocery stores.  The produce is usually still mostly good, but is marked down significantly so you they can sell it quickly.  The one thing you need to remember when doing this that you need to get it home and process it asap.  Many things can be sliced/chopped and put in the freezer.  Other things (like beets and carrots) juice REALLY well and I pour the juice into ice cube trays and...
My first frugal tip is to try to use all parts your food.  Be resourceful!   For example, did you know that you can make your own Apple Cider Vinegar with JUST the peels and cores of your apples?  It's SO easy!   http://www.grit.com/fresh-eggs-daily/make-your-own-apple-cider-vinegar.aspx   Did you know you can make jelly utilizing peach pits and "scraps"?  Yet another way to stretch your food to go...
I shared the contest on Facebook. :)
Nevermind.
That would be great!!
I am looking for Birth/Pregnancy and Parenting related groups, organizations, stores and websites in Scandinavia. Thanks!!
I am looking for Birth/Pregnancy and Parenting related groups, organizations, stores and websites for the Netherlands. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
My daughter is just over 2.5 yo and gets colors confused a lot. I know that she isn't color blind (I looked online for the genetics and we don't fit at all). I do have some friends who have kids in the same age range that know all their colors. I think the BIG difference I've noticed is that my friends who let their children watch television on a regular basis pick up their colors quicker. We, personally, only let our daughter watch tv on the weekends when daddy is...