or Connect

Posts by joybird

Update with test results.   Both kids have high levels of arsenic.  The reference range says arsenic should be below .06 and they are at .082 and .19.  Both bar graphs are well into the yellow and my youngest, who eats more rice is almost into the red.  The scarier part has been that they are also very high in aluminum and thorium.  Reference for aluminum is below 8.0 and they are at 23 and 28, both well into the red.  I was expecting high levels of arsenic but this...
I don't think the levels in rice are as high as the levels that damage has been seen to occur with tainted water in the studies this link mentions, but they are way too close for my comfort, and they did make the point that effects in children from daily exposure below the levels in the studies cited aren't really known.  Basically, I don't want to feed my kids anything with arsenic in it.  If they hadn't already had so much known and definite exposure, I wouldn't worry...
Unfortunately, it's probably fair to assume that if they are or have been ingesting arsenic, there are effects happening in the body because if it.  What those are, no one knows for sure at these doses, but it has been noted by the people doing the studies that the levels in rice are not insignificant.  According to everything I read in the recent studies, people who eat rice have an immediate spike in their blood and urine.  After that, anything that the body wasn't...
No, it is excreted within days.  So if you were exposed today or yesterday a urine test could tell you something, but that's it.
I took my dds to the doctor and he ordered hair tests for them.  Arsenic leaves the blood very quickly, within days, but any amount that the body couldn't excrete is stored in the tissues and organs so hair tests are the only way to gage how much arsenic toxicity they might have.  And since they are so little, it is very likely that they couldn't excrete a lot of it.  He said if they show very elevated levels it is probably a good idea to do some gentle chelation.  We...
Is anyone else freaking out about this?  My kids have been gluten-free for over 4 years and they eat a lot of rice products. Rice cereal, rice cakes, rice pasta, rice bread, rice tortillas, rice crackers, rice milk (occasionally).  I am beyond stressed by this and after searching around a bit, I can see that the information has been out there for some time.  I did some calculations based on my kids diets' and there is no doubt that they have been getting more arsenic in...
Un-vaxed kids, lots of IgG allergies.     I would venture to guess that the larger contributing factor to the rise in allergies is the rampant use of antibiotics in the past few generations.  They wreak havoc on GI flora, which is where the greater part of immunity happens.
The information is conflicting, but I am convinced it is bad.  The real danger seems to be storing anything in it as it leaches out over time, but apparently a small amount of lead leaches out in the time it takes to drink a glass of wine.  I am just appalled.  I am getting my blood tested today and will let you know the results.  I am quite panicked.  How are they allowed to sell this stuff?  Never mind, dumb question.   ETA:  Also, mine was new and apparently you...
Oh god I am absolutely terrified.  I just found out that I have been drinking my daily glass of wine (sometimes two) from lead crystal glasses!  My mother gave me a set of them last Christmas and I have been doing this for a whole year.  During the first three months I was still nursing my youngest.  I had no idea this crystal had lead in it although I should have known better.  I have been so careful to limit our exposures of toxins and poisons.  Someone please help...
I dont know where to post this but I will try here.     My friend told me in October that she thought she was pregnant.  She was not TTC.  She had taken a HPT three weeks after her theoretical conception date and the test was negative.  Her nursling was about 1 yo at the time and she had not started AF since his birth.  I did not think she was pregnant.  She didnt take another test, saying that her body knew better.  At 12 weeks she went to see the midwife, who could...