or Connect

Posts by joybird

iirc, all trader joe's canned fish is bpa-free.  Not their other caned goods though.  
I think the stool test is an excellent idea.  It should give you some good information and help point you in the right direction.
I'm sorry, I completely missed that!  Yes, the GI would do a scope to test for damage if the blood test was inconclusive.  But your ds doesn't need to be consuming gluten for the scope, only for the blood test.  Damage from gluten takes a while to heal.  The scope is also very invasive and many parents choose to remove gluten and see if things improve instead.  If so then you have an answer.  I really agree with tanyalynn that its a good idea to get gluten out of the...
I was also going to say get a celiac test ASAP.  Any time there is ftt or slow growth it should be considered a first move.  Celiac is very common but terribly under-diagnosed.  And your regular doctor can order the test, it doesn't need to be a GI.   It sounds like you might need to look for a new doctor though.  If you don't feel that your concerns are being respected that's a big red flag.  I don't understand why he won't give you a GI referral?  What would it hurt...
Gluten intolerance will also show up on an IgG test.  Well, it did for us but who knows.  All allergy tests are notoriously inaccurate anyway.
I see where you're coming from, now.  I've just heard the word gross used about meat too much (from vegetarians) and to me its a sign of serious cultural confusion that people are so far removed from nature, from our origins, from the earth.  It's as though they are ashamed of being part of nature and want to disconnect from it entirely.  Of course, you can't - even if you don't technically eat any animals you are still part of the daily death and rebirth in so so many...
I'm pretty sure Kombucha Wonder Drink is actually pasteurized.  What is the point at all, I ask?
This is completely off-topic...   With all due respect, we live on a planet where life eats itself.  You can find it beautiful or you can find it ugly.  If you have decided that it's gross, it would probably be more respectful to keep that sentiment to yourself on a public forum.  I would never presume to call others' eating habits gross.  It is pretty immature and could be considered rude.  It's possible that your referring to animal meat in such a way is similar to...
If you don't eat meat for ethical reasons, I think it would be very confusing and unfair to your dd to ask her to eat it.  There are plenty of mamas here who are not following the GAPS program and hopefully they will chime in.  There is no one way to healing and plenty of people have found other ways that work for them.  Glutamine is one of the main healing substances in bone broth and is available as a supplement.  It won't have the same healing properties as whole food...
I posted this question a long time ago and I was told that GT uses green tea.  I tried it and it was much much better.  More mild and pleasing and similar to GTs.  Yes to all the other suggestions as well.  Fruit and ginger will help the fizz factor.  Make sure you're doing a longer ferment and second ferment.