or Connect

Posts by joybird

Check out today's broadcast of Democracy Now.  
This today from natural news.     http://www.NaturalNews.com/031731_radiation_preparedness.html
To DC where my MIL lives.  Looking at the jet stream position though, it seems like in a catastrophic scenario the whole US could be the first stop for fallout, but the farther away the better.   I am trying to figure out how to divide up the liquid KI for DP to distribute to my family here if it comes to that.  I am also very scared.  I feel like people are purposely being misled about the dangers and that there is a lot of denial right now.  This is stepping up to...
  I have started packing.  I've been listening to Democracy Now this morning.  Nuclear experts say that if a full meltdown happens involving the fuel pools, which seems more likely than not at this point, it will affect the entire planet and the world's food supply.  Considering the trajectory of events so far, it no longer feels crazy to try and get out of the direct downwind path as best I can....
At what percentages, roughly?  I have tri-quench, which says 19mg iodine (from 25mg potassium iodide).  I have to cut it because this is per drop so I'd also like to know which number to use when doing the math.  I've been using the 25.    
I imagine all this does sound terribly selfish to anyone in Japan or with loved ones near the disaster.  I have purposely kept my emotions out of this thread because I thought it would all sound very trite.  There is no way most us here can comprehend what people in Japan are feeling and thinking.  I apologize if it comes across uncaring, which it must.  Most folks I know are devastated and very worried about the Japanese people.  Again, I didn't express my feelings...
They've abandoned the plant.  Everyone is fleeing.   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8383978/Japan-earthquake-residents-flee-as-quake-fears-spread.html  
Interesting.  Thank you.  I very much doubt that I fall into that category after researching it a bit. I would, however, be concerned about what the unknown effects might be on the kids.  I will read more because I haven't found what dosages are involved.  I *think* that thyroid patients are taking a lot more iodine than I'm talking about here...
I've read them.  But at the beginning of THIS thread, the amounts I listed above seem to be pretty standard supplemental dosages.  Brownstein himself has advocated this particular protocol for this situation.  He is the most reputable source I could find online and all my health people are in agreement with him.  What I'm asking is why you would consider these amounts dangerous?  
I am absolutely NOT advocating the use of a full dose of prophylactic KI.  But I seem to be missing something here, because in the Iodine thread here on MDC and in Brownstein's research and according to all my health care people, the amount we are now taking is completely safe to take on a daily basis and is probably very close to what we would need anyway to be fully nutritionally sufficient in iodine.  It is the same amount (13mg for an adult) that Japanese women...