or Connect

Posts by joybird

I posted this in health but no one answered My dd (19 mo) says her vagina hurts when I wipe her. Her labia looks red and it almost looks like her clitoris has adhered to her vagina. Has anyone ever heard of this? We have a dr appt today but I am not sure what I should (or shouldn't) let the doc do if it has adhered. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
My dd is saying her vagina hurts when I wipe her. Her labia looks red and it almost looks as though her clitoral hood has adhered to her clitoris. Has anyone heard of this? I'm very upset and have a dr appt for today but I don't know what to do or what I should let the dr do if it has become adhered. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
I list off all the people dd knows and loves who all brush their teeth. "Grandma brushes her teeth, Morgan brushes her teeth, baby Sam brushes his teeth" and by the time I am finished we are done!
I was pretty disappointed with the issue in lots of ways. Now, I love Mothering mag and consider it a very happy day when my issues arrive in the mail. I sent last year's pregnancy issue to my expecting relatives and friends. But this one, well, just looking at the front of it made me think it could have been one of the mainstreams. I mean, they had an article about how to have a meaningful baby shower and not a word about circumcision. What is that about?
My daughter did the same thing with her two bottom teeth right around 7 months. I read somewhere (Sears book or Nursing Mother's Companion) that instead of pulling them away you should push them in closer so that they'll have to open up. That definitely worked and she stopped after a couple times. I think they are just getting used to the strange new sensation in there. She now has 6 teeth and does't bite any more.
This is my first post. My dd (1yr) won't go at night. We started EC at 8 months when I noticed she wasn't going at night and would only go in the morning when I went. (I knew about EC and had always made the cueing sound to her) It's going great for us but I worry that she is uncomfortabe at night, as she still only goes at night maybe once a week and only if she is in a deep sleep. If I try to get her up and take her to the potty she cries and arches so we just go...