or Connect

Posts by calmom

I've never been a fan of taking pills, but my midwife suggested I at least start taking folic acid and wild yam, so I think I'll start with that.
Carmen, I'm so sorry. :(       I've been putting off joining a DDC, but I'd like to admit that I'm pregnant and hope for the best!       EDD March 24,2013   Your Name: Christie   Age: 38   State or Country: CA How long it took to you to get your BFP: Not really applicable. We weren't trying necessarily. Long, complicated story.   What number child is this for you: 5th living child. Lost my son at 34 weeks 3 years...
well, i've always had weak arms so after a couple months doing the shred, i still have a hard time. they're just hard! i need daily exercise so what i've done is just mixed it up. i do jm's yoga meltdown once or twice a week and on the weekends, i go running. that works good for me, i don't feel too worn out doing just one thing.
that is awesome, good for you. great job!!! i LOVE jillian michaels and love the 30 day shred. yes, it is hard on the knees at first but it does get better. i don't do it every day. i mix it up with running and other dvds but there is lots of jumping. however, the jumping is mixed up with other work so you are never doing minutes and minutes of jumping on end.
Meltdowns are so hard in older children, aren't they? (((hugs))) I've experienced this with all 3 of my boys. First, I would say in your first situation, after you tell her that you expect her to speak politely to you and she continues whining, I would stop the back and forth stuff. That can go on and on. With my 8yo who still has meltdowns, I might tell him an expectation that I have and if he starts whining, I busy myself with something else until he calms down and...
did 56 mins. of Sweatin to the Oldies 3 today. 508/1000
can i join? i've been an on and off runner for a few years but never had the need to exercise daily. i don't know if it's being over 35 or what but i can't shed this extra weight like i used to. so anyway... i'm going to guess i've done about 400 mins. so far this month. today i did level II of 30 day shred twice. So, that makes me 452/1000
i want to share my story without getting involved in the debate. my son DID die because of a nuchal cord but i also do realize that having a nuchal cord is very common and most babies are just fine. his cord was wrapped very tightly 3 times around his neck. the ob said the point at which it was wrapped played a part in his death. the cord was pulled tightly from his navel directly to his neck and then wrapped around. she said it might have been different if it had been...
so glad i'm not the only one!!! I gained 60-70 lbs each pg previously and then i lose it all quickly. but this time i'm starting much heavier than i've ever been and it's really stressing me out. i was pregnant this same time last year and that baby was stillborn at 34 weeks. i was about 190 home from the hospital and only made it down to 175. i think with the grieving and stress, i just couldn't lose like usual. so got pg and am back up to 180 at 12 weeks. the...
I put a lot of thought into the music my kids listen to (read: i spend hours reading lyrics before i approve them) but in the end, they listen to most everything they want to. they listen to lots of hard rock/metal and alternative stuff like rage against the machine, beastie boys, slipknot and linkin park. i have mostly forbidden marilyn manson because i'm just appalled by his lyrics. i also decide based on their ages. my 15yo can have CDs with the F word, my 12yo...