or Connect

Posts by akashapeace

Christine Harrison (Teacher) When I was 15 years old. She inspired me to believe that the poverty trap that I grew up in could be transcended Anne Kingham (Teacher) When I was 19 years old. Gave me the confidence in my own abilities and intelligence and encouraged me to eventually go on to University. Alice Walker (writer) From the age of 16 years onwards. For her writing, her spirituality, her compassion Ghandi Malcolm X Nelson Mandela Every feminist that...
I don't usually care too much about the whole celebrity thing... But I do feel sympathetic towards Britney Spears. Her husband seems more interested in her money and the celebrity label than in Britney herself. And her every move is scrutinized. It must be terribly hard to be jumped upon for every single mistake that she makes. I especially felt sad for her when she nearly dropped her young son recently, it was obvious from the photos of her crying that she was...
Life of Pi by Yann Martel Fantastic book imo Blessings
I really do think that Jack's wife did know (sorry, should have added this to my previous post) how and why he died. Her calm and somewhat unemotional response was, I believed, an example of how this woman had created an illusion surrounding her marriage. When we first meet her character, she is dark haired, fun loving and emotional. But over the years, as the sham of her marriage deepens, she becomes more artificial as a means to create a facade of a 'happy'...
No offence Tyleah... because none is intended But I was a little disturbed about the section of your post regarding a baby holding its own bottle in the same sentence as 'swatting a behind' and 'giving the child junk food'. I never breastfed my son.. and he is a healthy, intelligent and happy little boy who once he was old enough, would sit on my lap and choose to hold his own bottle (would push Mummy's hands away if she tried to hold it). I found it delightful that...
LOL@Lizzie and the response to my You've Got Mail post.. R was definitely NOT Tom Hanks huh? hahahah Bless ya
Just so I don't sound too serious.. I also LOVE You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. hehe
I'm British... and I can safely say that I don't lack respect for American's. I didn't understand the motivations of those that voted for Bush, especially since there is so much information available for those willing to research the geo-political and economic motivations for Bush's decision to invade and occupy Iraq. It is unfortunate that the Bush Administration has followed a path that has damaged the 'image' of the U.S.A globally, but I honestly believe that 'change'...
I'm afraid that I can't help with the decision about which course to study... only make the suggestion to choose the one which you feel the most passionate about, and whether it is the most financially viable. As for having another child. I've just completed my last year at University and it was tough studying with one child to care for, but fortunately had the help of my Mum (what a blessing she is). It is possible, but it's very tough. And even tougher with...
Two books that made me cry: Mama Day by Gloria Naylor The Autobiography of Malcolm X written with the assistance of Alex Haley