or Connect

Posts by Maiasaura

Oh, Wolfcat, congrats! That is so awesome! And, for bigger sizes, I don't know if you like flowy things, but Lotus Traders has wonderful very beautiful/sexy clothes and they're not all that expensive, comparatively. I've gotten loads of clothing from them!
 Well, it's slightly warmer out (11*-ha!) so being that there is snow in the back, but not a lot, I suppose I could go out and burn them, but you're not supposed to look and I know I would try to peek (or accidentally peek while trying not to peek, kwim?) but maybe that is a thing to do before Imbolc. Or on Imbolc. Which is ds's birthday (1/31) so...we'll see. Sage smudging-- what is it you want to know? For smudging myself, I light the end of the stick and make sure it's...
 I wouldn't. Because it has the word "WAIT" in it, and IME the Universe sometimes hears just that one word, and, well...you know, it's like saying "Get out of debt" instead of "financial success" or something. The Universe CAN just hear that one word-- "debt"-- and help you hang onto it.The nursing baby one is good, though, and I might put words like "Pregnant and happy" or "We love our new baby"....you know, things that frame what you want as if they're already here. Not...
My son is a sweetie, or he's a raging a$$-- I hope it's hormones (he's turning 13) but he's always been rather Jekyll or Hyde. When he's sweet, he's SO sweet!   I have a God Box-- an idea I got in AA years ago. I have this box I decorated with collage and mod podge, and put a hole in it like a bank. I "give up to god/dess" my problems and worries and prayers-- when something's bugging me, or someone, I put them in the box. The big rule is you're not allowed to re-read...
 Thanks, and you as well!I woke up so early today-- like, 6 or 6:30am. Good thing, cause I have to do it tomorrow intentionally, for ds to go back to school.Anyway, I sage smudged the whole house, and sprinkled with rose water, and opened both doors wide to let the old year out and the New Year in. Took down more Christmas/Yule stuff and put away. Changed out the calendars.DS stayed up past midnight last night. I was asleep by like 9:30 He came in at midnight to wake me...
 If you need to defend, make a circle with your forefinger and thumb, about walnut-sized, and say "Her stomach is about this big, only-- about the size of a walnut. YES, she is hungry again".Otherwise, just say "Yup! She is!" and let it go  People are so nosy, aren't they? Especially family.
 It wasn't originally mine, but you are very welcome!
The Bean Dip Convo. As in "This is what works for our family-- please pass the bean dip!"   Change the topic. Nobody ever notices. "Not now; he's sleeping. Wherever did you get that lovely sweater?" "He's nursing right now. I love your hair, did you change the style?"   See how it works?   And it DOES work, almost every time. We are at my brother's right now for Christmas. He is WAY, way politically conservative, and I am not. I don't talk politics and his views bug...
Wow, you're on a roll....~ducking and running~ sorry, couldn't resist!
He wasn't drinking OR asleep; he was ignoring me for I forgot what reason...I was so POd last night and trying so hard to practice acceptance. He never did come over until 10am this morning, but it all worked out alright. I kept telling myself it would. I read Sun Bread to ds last night. We did not make our own Sun Bread but I bought a french bread to stand in. We got up at 5 minutes to Sunrise this morning, and threw up bits of bread to the Sun when he rose, poured...