or Connect

Posts by DaryLLL

I found this site, written by women who practice family purity. It goes into great detail about the how-to's. http://www.yoatzot.org/
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Actually it's not "once again" to me since I've never made such a stupid mistake before, but you're right. That was dumb on my part, and one big reason why you shouldn't google instead of reaching for a book. The translation was from the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the OT), but as a translation itself, it really doesn't have value in the conversation. Sorry. It's OK, AM. : I said "again" because...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy It wouldn't have needed to; if Mary had had a c-section, she probably would have died then and there. Keep in mind that sterile conditions were totally unknown back in the day. No, God can make anything happen. Even 1st CE c-secs can be safe with God. (Tangent: Why do you think we call them cesarean sections, BTW? Supposedly Julius Ceasar was born that way, around that time period.) But that being said,...
Babies can become anemic temporarily after a virus (as per Dr Greene's site). Giving artificial iron (drops, in cereal or artificial baby milk) to a breastfed baby can block their ability to absorb the iron in your milk, and is not recommended. In the huge majority of cases, fully bfed, full term singleton babies will not become anemic. Studies have shown that babies receiving solids before 7 mos are more likely to become anemic than those starting solids later. It is...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie I looked it up, and I guess in 2 Samuel 6:23, it says "And Milchal, the daughter of Saul, had no child until [eos] her death." This certainly doesn't mean she went on to have children after her death. Once again, AM, the Hebrew Scriptures, of which Samuel is one, were written in Hebrew, not in Greek, Latin or English.
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyMarmalade I've never heard the idea of Mary staying a virgin ... our Church has always taught that Jesus had brothers and sisters. And heck, she gave birth vaginally - unless Jesus had a head the size of a tampon it's unlikely she was a virgin after gving birth. The Bible would have mentioned if she had a c-section No, it wouldn't've. There are many C'ian scriptures that didn't make the cut into the...
The Essenes were a group of Jews disgusted with the Jewish Temple, which they saw as corrupt, kowtowing to the Roman/Hellenistic overlords. In approx 100 BCE they left Jerusalem in disgust and retreated to caves in Qumran near the Dead Sea. This is where the "Dead Sea Scrolls" were found in the 1940s and 50s. They are the oldest surviving Hebrew scriptures. They contain Hebrew canon as well as writings unique to the sect. It has nothing to do with the creed crafted at...
Quote: Originally Posted by honeybee My ds is always saying hi to people, and he brings a smile to everyone's face. He is also now the social greeter at the playground, asking everyone who shows up to play with him, and then telling them "thank you coming play me" when they leave. Awww, that is sooo cute! I agree, some people are just born extroverts! But I can see how it would hurt.
Quote: Originally Posted by party_of_six I found this thread interesting. Zion is on my short list, but I have been conflicted because of its religious conotations. I happen to be LDS(mormon), so it has significance to me. I also happen to have several ancestors named Sion....different name yet the same ring to it. I am also considering the name Xian....pronounced Zee-an. Anyway, the fact that you have gotten some flack over it gives me things to...
Quote: Originally Posted by rebelbets From kellymom: Quote: Additional iron intake by the mother will not increase iron levels in breastmilk, even if the mother is anemic. Iron supplements taken by mom may produce constipation in baby. Anemia in the nursing mother has been associated with poor milk supply, however. And from LLL: Quote: : The iron levels in a mother's milk are not affected by the amount of iron in her...