or Connect

Posts by DaryLLL

Yes. I came to this thread, as directed by boongirl, for more clarity on how the sticky was composed, and see that many above definitions include non-academic giftedness, and other defs insist that defining giftedness is difficult. Yet, members are asked to adhere to the sticky which has a narrow definition, made by a small group. From links above: Quote: "We suggest that you wrestle with the term in your own way" "the concept is elusive" "there is,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Calm The quick response is that there is, as yet, no universally agreed upon answer to this question. Giftedness, intelligence, and talent are fluid concepts and may look different in different contexts and cultures. Even within schools you will find a range of personal beliefs about the word "gifted," which has become a term with multiple meanings and much nuance. Do I need to go on? I am more than aware of the lack...
Quote: Originally Posted by boongirl I think it happens often that there is a sticky defining what a forum is supposed to be about that then creates a lot of questions about itself. These questions are best dealt with by addressing concerns to the admin. The buck stops with CM. Just a FYI. Abimommy told me, as of Oct 9, Ms Mom is the administrator of mdc and abimommy is asst admin. Cynthia is taking on another role at mdc, which I do not...
Dh and I shared a bed with all 3 of our kids. When they turned 5 and 7, the dds moved out together and shared a bed for 3 more yrs. I would read to them in bed, but didn't have to stay until they fell asleep, as they were content to keep each other company. When ds (the youngest) turned 8, he got his own bed, but I laid down next to him until he was 10. Sometimes until he fell asleep, sometimes until he told me I could leave.
Sounds like yr older dd has a sinus infection following the cold. This is bacterial, not a virus, so not contagious. Has the newborn been fine all along?
Quote: Originally Posted by BelovedBird We are not talking about "CE judaism". We are talking about both CE and BCE judaism. Judaism is and was monotheistic. Yes, you are apparently denying that in your above statement. Ah, I think I see the disconnect. I was talking about pre-BCE "Judaism." You, singular (not "we"), are talking about both BCE and CE, a history spanning approx 3600 years. I for one, see no evidence, despite the writings...
I did not say in either of those posts that CE Judaism is not monotheistic. Quote: Originally Posted by DaryLLL I think there is confusion here. I do not deny Judaism is monotheistic now and has been for a long time. I do say the BCE Hebrews were usually polytheistic and the definition of when (monotheistic and Jerusalem temple based) "Judaism" actually was fully codified and was widely and uniformly practiced is debatable. I stand by this...
Quote: Originally Posted by merpk "Yes, they behaved badly, but Judaism even in ancient times was entirely monotheistic." And you reply with, "There was goddess worship happening so Judaism was not monotheistic." No. I have never said that. You insist on hearing it and I wonder why.
All 3 of my kids were gifted at knowing exactly when Mommy and Daddy were attempting some adult fun. Just when it was getting really fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla I voted "until age 4" because that's the age my DS weaned (DDs were younger when they weaned) and I'm unlikely to have more children, so that's probably the oldest child I'll ever personally nurse. Ditto. Except for the probably part.