or Connect

Posts by DaryLLL

Quote: Originally Posted by mom2seven Caesar is no proof of anything except how the Romans dealt with adoption. Jewish law, which we know was accepted at that time period via the Talmud states that an adopted child does not acquire the paternal 'tribal status', which is what would be needed to be 'of the Davidic dynasty'. Which points out that the "gospels" as a whole, were not written for educated Jewry. They were written in Greek for...
Just by the way, I find the term "idol worshippers" to be insulting to those of other faiths who use devotional images in their religious practice.
The final paragraph: Quote: From an historical point of view the notion of Moses sitting on the mountain and taking verbatim notes must be rejected. Nevertheless, the "divine dictation" image may be utilised as what anthropologists would refer to as a "myth" (in a very different sense from the ordinary use of the word), that is, a concept which focuses the relationship of God, Torah and Israel. The error lies not in the claim that God revealed the Torah,...
Quote: Originally Posted by merpk And I repeat, as I've posted before: The fact that many Hebrews/Jews were idol worshippers and were not behaving as the Torah instructs does *not* mean that Judaism/the Hebrew belief system was ever nonmonotheistic. It just means lots of Jews/Hebrews were behaving badly. By Torah law, that is. Yes, I know that is your traditional belief, stemming from rabbinic interpretation and study beginning in the early...
Quote: Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog Well I think what's causing the misunderstanding is the belief that the people described in the Hebrew Bible were following a religion that = Judaism today. This is a common misperception that C'ians have, as I did. Quote: I'd guess not many modern Jews believe that Ba'al really exists but is just wimpier than the God of the Torah. However, if you look at the Hebrew bible, that kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by carmel23 if you really want to know click here I'd like to comment. Quote: Luther invented a new formula relating the two parts of the Christian Bible, one no longer based on the internal harmony of the Old and New Testaments, but on their essential dialectic linkage within an existential history of salvation, the antithesis between Law and Gospel. What does this mean to you,...
I'm not sure, but I think tie-dyed is saying that all "Jewish rules" were not necc written in stone from the time of Moses. There was always controversy about how to properly be a Jew, or more accurately, a YHWHist (Jew being originally an English term for Judaean or Judahite). The Bible says, for ex, Josiah "found" Deuteronomy in the temple. Historical/critical scholars can tell Deut. was a much later book than Genesis and Exodus and the other 4 books of the...
:
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaverdi I don't even think DaryLLL can drag up a Reform Rabbi who says it's okay to eat the flesh of the Messiah and drink his blood. Nope. Just as an aside.
Quote: 41.His death would result in destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple-Daniel 9:24-27 You can't have it both ways. That assertion directly contradicts Isaiah 52. BTW, what is this about a flood? Dan 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end {will come} with a flood; even to the end there will be war;...