or Connect

Posts by DaryLLL

Isaiah 52 definitely refers to the returning exiles, as does the rest of Isaiah. It is addressed to "Zion, captive Jerusalem" who return from Babylon with a "marred" appearance. They are "lifted up and exalted" b/c YHWH arranged for their return from exile to their holy city and land. There is no mention of a "substiutionary" death.
Psalm 80 was written after Jerusalem/Judah fell to Babylon in the 7th century BCE. The poet asks (poetically) for YHWH, who is enthroned on the cherubim, to restore Jerusalem, whose walls are broken down and whose people are trampled like a grape vine. The poet asks for YHWH to let a "son of man" restore Jerusalem. Jerusalem was eventually restored, some of the inhabitants returned (thanks to the "messiah" , King Cyrus of Persia who in turn had conquered Babylon), in...
"30.He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver - Zechariah 11:1-17" The prophet/shepherd in this verse was not sold for silver pieces, those were his wages (given to him, not to a betrayer as in the NT) which he rejected and put in the treasury.
Zechariah 12, as well, also seems to be a very weak text to try to "prove" Jesus as Messiah. Can you explain to me how you get anything out of it? There is something about a seige of Jerusalem that is not successful. We know Jerusalem fell to Babylon in the 7th century BCE and also fell to Rome in 70 CE. If that prophecy failed, how can it be accurate when it says all of Jerusalem mourned the death of the "one that had pierced?" We know the gospel story said the top...
Quote: Originally Posted by Janelovesmax 27.He would be rejected firstZechaqriah 11:1-17; You had a lot of quotes of proof-texts for the C'ian Messiah being the Messiah. Did you read them all? Here is Zechariah 1: Zec 11:1 Open your doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour your cedars! Zec 11:2 Wail, O cypress, for the cedar has fallen, for the glorious trees are ruined! Wail, oaks of Bashan, for the thick forest has been...
Quote: Originally Posted by BelovedBird There is nothing wrong, IMO with a nonjew (goy in hebrew*) giving a traditional greeting. If she was arguing with him about what judaism is about that would be out of line. *You claim that it is rude of me, in discussions about technicalities of judaism and jewish law to use hebrew words without translation, and yet, in a discussion asking advice of jewish posters, where the OP is clearly admitting being...
Huh, I never noticed kellymom had a message forum. Interesting. We didn't ask you to look at the forum however, just at her research based info. (Feeding babies poptarts is appalling, I agree.) Being at the bottom of the bfed baby chart is OK. Someone has to be there. Some are on the high end. It's not a competition, it is genetics. Barring an actual illness, breastfeeding on cue, your baby is where he should be. Again, bfed babies grow at the rate they are supposed...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy Are you saying that the NT exists primarily as a commentary on the OT? My view is that "the gospel" or sacred story of Christ, is partly a midrash of the Moses/Joshua story from Exodus. Midrash meaning a retelling. Joshua and Jesus being the same name. Yeshua Joshua Iesous Jesus The death of Moses and his spirit being passed to Joshua are symbolized by Jesus's death and resurrection. Joshua...
Just posting to say that my computer is all wonky and I am posting from the library. They are kicking me off now and I can't reply to the interesting questions, (and kind of off color accusations) right now. Hopefully I will be back online on Sat. Pls stay within the UA so this thread is still here when I get back! DaryLLL
"May all your prayers be answered." "May you be inscribed and sealed." Perhaps too religious coming from a goy. How about "Best wishes on your holiday?"