or Connect

Posts by DaryLLL

Quote: Spanking, when done in a controlled manner, is not beating. Yes, a "controlled spanking" with a wooden spoon or paddle, hard enough to hurt and cause tears, is considered a beating. He also recommmends, as I quoted, a thump on the head or rap on the knuckles.
I agree and yet we see that again and again on this board and I have seen it with my sister and her dh as well. He got all hepped up that their 2 kids "needed" Sunday school in the denom of his youth when they got to be 4 and 6 yrs old or so. I think that lasted about a yr, if that, as my sister is an atheist and would have nothing to do with it, so it was up to him to get the kids up and dressed and fed and out the door on Sunday morning. Of course, after a bit, puttering...
Brava! I love it! I hope you change his mind!!!
reads this, esp, the "not quite biting but scraping" info http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html
More quotes, juxtaposed with studies and recommendations of abuse victims support organizations. http://www.nospank.net/perlin2.htm Here's a doozy: Quote: Originally Posted by Dobson "Real crying usually lasts two minutes or less, but may continue for five. After that point, the child is merely complaining... I would require him to stop the protest crying, usually by offering him a little more of whatever caused the original tears."
What else is wrong with Dobson? pro war, pro "intelligent design": http://www.nospank.net/welsh11.htm Quote: In spite of the utter absurdity of the theory of Intelligent Design, Dobson is one of the primary advocates of teaching this anti-science, faith based nonsense in the classroom. If he is successful (the president thinks it is a good idea), America could well become the laughingstock of the world’s scientific community. The ability to attract the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wausau74 I have been familiar with Dobson for over 10 years. Granted, I have neither read every word he has written nor have I heard every word he has said, but certainly he has never said that "beating" children is acceptable. That is ridiculous. If he has said this, please post a link or give a quote. Because if he has, I will write to Dobson/Focus on the Family. Quote: Originally Posted by...
A variation on this technique is to kneel in the tub and let your breasts hang down into the very warm water, then express. Glad you are feeling better!
Quote: Originally Posted by Wausau74 Science is about proving probably causes. Sure, science is always changing, but there are constants as well. If science doesn't prove anything then how do we know about such things as the earth is round, Well, you have a point. Some things are so obvious they are self-evident. Yet, it took science a long time to be allowed to say, the earth is round, the earth is a tiny sphere in a huge cosmos, not the...
My 2 dds read books and magazines for pleasure and instruction. My ds does not. He reads when he is playing video games. He is more of a kinesthetic learner. My dh has trouble sitting down and reading a book. He seems to learn better through hearing things and seeing things--TV, lectures, workshops, conversations, music, etc.