or Connect

Posts by mommy2cias

Thanks.. We're currently getting our house ready to sell, but seeing as there are 3-4 other houses on our small street alone that are also for sale(plus the the other dozen or so in our subdivision), I'm not exactly hopeful that it'll sell soon. But as soon as it sells we're moving closer to dh's work again. we lived there from 2001-03 and then bought a house here b/c the houses there were way to expensive. We didn't realize how aweful it would be here though. Boring,...
Hi.. My first post on this thread.. I just went to the dr. today and she is changing my meds. Hopefully this one will work a little better.. I'm supposed to start it tomorrow. My DS(4 yr. old) walked up to me in the kitchen y'day and said "mommy, don't be sad".. I told him I wasn't sad.. I guess he's been noticing that I have been sad lately. Stuff w/dh and where we are living is really getting to me. We have a beautiful home and everything, but it's an hour from...
I pay $7.00 for 1/2 gallon.. We don't buy it often b/c of that..
Last year we went jet skiing w/some buddies of DH's and one of them had an 8.5 year old girl. She was the most annoying child I've ever met. always telling me what I should different w/DS, etc. Well, the 2nd time we went out there, she showed up late w/some friends. She saw DS and me there and said to her friends mom, and loud enough for me to hear "Oh man. If he's here it means I have to play with him." OMG.. okay little butthead, I'll keep him away from you. jeez......
That's what I do too! That is one reason I am so strict about bedtime. A friend of mine lets her ds(who is 3 days older than mine) stay up until 11-12 and they crash out together on the couch while her dh sleeps in the bedroom(there is only one bedroom) and the girl is worn out and burned out and I keep saying it's b/c she doesn't get that 'down time' after he goes to bed to just sit and do whatever she wants to do. I do dinner dishes while dh is eating is dinner and...
Yeah, I have to say my mom would kick your behind for doing that. She currently works at Target stocking shelves/etc. in the clothing dept. and it's hard work to begin with, but when people start doing that, it just makes things worse b/c they have to come along and fix everything.. You're not 'sticking it to the man', you're pissing off employees and making them work even harder than they already are.... The 'head hanchos(sp?)' who design where things go could care...
No advice here either. We've lived her for 2.5 yeas and he still hasn't made friends.. Neither have I. And he doesn't even have siblings to play with. I'm super jealous of all of those current pg women and those w/more than 1 kid). He does go to preschool for 3.5 hours a day, which gives him time to play w/other kids. But we never see those kids other than at preschool... Before we moved here I went to MOPS and had playdates.. Now, nothing.
I pick a Saturday and go shopping alone.. For 5-8 wonderful hours.... Really.... But I don't have any BF kids, so it makes it easy for me. I try to do that about once a month.. Or I'll drive an hour and 15 min. to where my MIL lives, drop him off w/her for a couple of hours and get some errands done. Okay, that works for a while.. for short term "today is horrible", I usually curl up w/a book or a good movie and chill while DS either plays or watches a movie. Or we...
My SIL and BIL have a girl that is 6 weeks younger than my DS and during the kids' first Christmas(well, it was sometime around there anyway), we had a get-together w/some other relatives at MIL's house. SIL BF'ed her kids, but not exclusively. They got formula bottles too. Well, at this get-together, the baby was hungry and so BIL brought her to SIL and told him. SIL and I were playing cards w/our DH's cousins at the time, so SIL says "so, fix her a bottle"(apparently...
My son was/is like that. I didn't EBF or sling him all the time, it's was just the way he is. He's been like that since he was born. He would scream if I went to the bathroom while DH was home. I finally had to start leaving them together for a little while and just saying "deal with it!". I felt like crap doing it, but I had to have some time away and dh was starting to feel terrible b/c his son didn't want to be with him. I think DS was older than 6 months when I...