or Connect

Posts by mommy2cias

I'm new to GD, but I'd have to say yes, there is too much.. I'll just agree w/everyone above me.. I do have a question though. I don't tell my ds good job for everything, I just tell him thank-you. Is that okay.. Okay, i don't do it for everything. For example if I ask him to put his shoes on(Can you please put your shoes on?) and then we does, I'll say thank you. Y'day I told him Thank you and good job for being so well behaved at the store(really, he was an angel)...
Quote: Originally Posted by rareimer ...nevermind that injecting mercury directly into the bloodstream cannot be a good thing, no matter whether it causes autism or not. this article makes it seem like thimerosal is harmless, just a scapegoat. hello, it's MERCURY here, people!!!! Many people don't know that. I didn't until I started reading this. Sadly not many people research this stuff when they need to. We grew up being vaxed and had...
I have him lay in his bed and read a book or he can quietly play. Or if he needs some extra attention, I sit next to his bed until he goes to sleep.
DH and I have capsules that we take and ds(4) takes Berry Keen, which he says is "nummy". It's flavored and I haven't heard any complaints from him. I haven't tried it myself though.
bump. please!
Quote: Originally Posted by annab "I've got it under control, thanks." Then take the child and walk away. I also have just said, "Not your place." MIl yelled, "HEY!" at DS when he yelled at DH. I turned, gave her the sink and just said very succinctly, "Not Your Place." thanks, I like that. I need to start speaking up more though. Ooh, and thanks for the Bean Dip link. That is great! I really love this: "Finally, look them in the eye...
One of my neighbors was looking for childcare for her infant last year, so I mentioned that I'm a SAHM and would be happy to do it. Turns out, the mom is a teacher and a dance instructor in a town an hour+ away from home. The house is brand new(all of ours were built in 2003) and there are brand new cars in the driveway. She was saying how much she hated to go back to work, but she's tired of being broke all the time.. I didn't say anything, I just went home and felt so...
Monday the dr. said my 4 yr. old ds has tonsilitis and an infection in his ear canal. She gave us some meds(which I'm not too thrilled about, but doing anyway along w/loads of kefir), including some ear drops. We discovered he was allergic to one kind, so she gave us another. But he's still screaming that it hurts when we put them in. Is there anything we can do? They are antibiotic ear drops. His ear did drain Sunday, and also a week or so ago, if that makes a...
7:00 a.m... Wish it was later though. On weekends sometimes I'll get to stay in bed longer. Not actually sleep, but just lie in bed for a while..
As a member of mostly mainstream boards, I say speak up. Many people don't know there is a better solution. I know, I was one of them. LOL.. Hey, this GD stuff is great! LOL..