or Connect

Posts by mommy2cias

Thanks.. DH doesn't think it's an issue, b/c he doesn't know any better. He doesn't realize that WE are the ones that are supposed to be parenting Cias, not his parents.. Either that, or he just doens't care. I don't know. I agree that he should talk to his parents, but he won't. Sadly, they don't have that kind of relationship. I do ignore him as much as I can, which is hard b/c he has a loud booming voice that always sounds harsh. Poor ds was afraid of him for the...
I've tried talking to him and MIL and it doesn't help. MIL got the message, but FIL is too hard-headed. Anyway, the problem is that FIL tries to "parent" my ds while I'm there. Which really, really ticks me off. So, while I'm trying to figure out what is wrong w/ds, FIL is sitting there telling him to do something else, like go on a time-out or to sit down and eat his food, etc. For example, if ds is upset and doesn't want to eat his dinner, FIL will tell him...
My ds kind of did it himself. I bought educational stuff, but didn't expect him to learn right away or as early as he did. He is most definitly a visual learner, and has learned(sadly) quite a bit from the educational vidoes I have bought him. In fact, he just turned 4 two weeks ago and can spell. I didn't teach him, he pretty much did that on his own. I encouraged him once he started trying by himself though. he also does some math. Again, on his own. He does go to...
My dh hates to read, so I usually get him books on cd. Are there any good GD books/resources on CD that I can get for him. I did see the book list sticky at the top, but didn't find any that had cd's. Or maybe I just missed them. TIA, Janice
Woah, I never even thought of that!!!! Maybe that is why my dh gets sick right before we do something like go to visit his family, have a party, go on vacation together (which we've only done ONCE).... That would explain why he was sick when ds was born too. He was super stressed then... Yep, I believe it...
I've often thought that too. Though ds does have a slight speech delay and for a long time reading parenting mags and stuff online would make me cry b/c there were 1 and 2 year olds talking better than my 3 year old. I'm over that now, especially since ds is talking a lot better. Not quite the same as his peers, but close. And he does go to preschool, but mostly b/c we don't have any playgroups around and my gym doesn't have childcare. So he gets to go have fun w/kids...
My ds was a head banger from the age of 8 months old until about a year ago, when he was 3. Yep, 3 yrs. of banging his head on any hard surface near him when he got frustrated/upset. I honestly don't think his pain recepters were working at the time b/c he didn't seem to feel it at all. If I put a pillow under his head, he moved the pillow(even at 1 year of age). If I put him in his bed where it was soft, he hit the sides of it instead where it was hard. I tried...
Thanks again.. I've always been one to let him do things on his own time, so I'm not sure why this is any different. I'll talk to dh about it tonight. He mostly has them in his mouth when he is sick or tired, so it's not an all day constant thing.. Though they are in his mouth now that he is sick. I have been asking him today "are you tired? Is that why you have fingers in your mouth" and sometimes he'll say yes.
Straterra is the only medicine I have tried so far. The Wellbutrin was working, but I'm not so sure anymore. Somedays, like today, I feel great and other days I feel like hiding in my closet. I do go to the chiropractor and I do have a gym membership, which I go to when I can. Lately I've either been out of town, had appts. or a sick child, so I can't go. Mine doesn't have child care so the only time i can go is when ds is in preschool. I try to go for a walk during...
I just happened to see this thread as I was ordering some for my ds. I found these, actually a friend recomended them to me. They don't use chemicals in them. http://www.solartex.com/faq.html#material