or Connect

Posts by mommy2cias

Must be nice....
DS and I had a nice relaxing day y'day. It was so nice! Well, until dh got home and I had to make him be nice about picking up toys, etc. I need to talk to him about this. He tends to forget to listen to ds and find out what ds wants to do. For example, last night we were cleaning up toys before bed. DH told ds to pick up the blocks and ds says "wait, i porgot someping(i forgot something)". DH started to get upset and tell him to pick up the blocks, but I told dh to...
Thanks everyone. I don't mind if he does it, most of the time anyway. I know in the car it puts him to sleep and I once gave dh a lecture b/c he kept telling ds to get his fingers out of his mouth and ds never went to sleep before a party. Ugh. He really needed to sleep and the next time I told dh not to mess with ds the whole trip(an hour). LOL.. It worked. Anyway, I have tried finding something else to soothe him, but it didn't work. I gave him his favorite blanket...
Good question.. I know when I was growing up, my mom always gave examples and always talked to us about stuff. For example, for the clothes thing, she made sure to tell us that wearing clothes like that (as mentioned above) made girls look too grown up and how it would look to other people, specifically boys and how they would react. We dressed modestly and didn't rebel as we got older. We being my older sister and me. She gave examples about the dangers of drugs(look...
I know the feeling.. I finally did an online adult ADD questionaire last year and took it to my dr. who said "why wasn't this discovered when you were a kid??". Umm, I don't know. I wonder that too. I was just labeled a strong willed child and that was that. I guess as I grew up I learned how to handle somethings and how to hide something. I was diagnosed w/clinical depression when I was in high school. Now I'm on Welbutrin for depression and Strattera for ADD. ...
Maybe it's just me, but if my kid was acting like that and another mom told him 'excuse me works better', I'd probably tell him "yep, she's right. Next time maybe you should use your words".. But, maybe it's just me...
How can I get rid of black widows in my backyard w/o harsh chemicals. We've had a pest control guy come every month for the past year b/c of them (and countless other creepie crawlies due to all the construction around us), and it is working, but I hate to let ds out to play! So, it stinks all the way around.. He can't go outside to play b/c of horrid spiders, but he can't b/c of the chemicals either.. I usually spray down all his play stuff before he plays on it...
I say that to the unruly kids who are running(literally) through Walmart alone. Whatever happened to parental supervision in public places???
DS has sucked on his 2 middle fingers since he was 4 months old. It's his soothing method. Well, he's now 4 and it's starting to mess up his teeth, it's spreading germs like crazy, he's picking up tons of germs b/c of it, and all the sucking can't be good for his ears, which we've already had problems with. He's had several ear infection, a lot of fluid build up in his ears and right now has an infection in the ear canal. Anyway, the point is, we need to get him to...
I get the adjustable waist pants on ebay cheaper than I would in the store. I love the adjustable waist pants. They are the only kind my ds fits into. Oh, and during the Easter holiday, Walmart has adjustable waist dress pants for boys. Really nice navy and kacki(sp?) ones..