or Connect

Posts by mommy2cias

Thanks, I have the same question. We are surrounded by rice fields and new construction, so the mosquitoes and other ickies are horrible in the summer. I'll be checking out that Natrual Insect Repellent. We'll be needing it soon...
computer programmer. Guess that makes me a 'geeks wife' too. LOL..
We do clean-up at the end of the day, before bedtime. Basically it's bath, jammies, clean up the living room, drink a cup of rice milk, brush teeth and get into bed. It seems to be getting easier as he gets older and is starting to want to help clean.
I'm sorry.. The wording I used was wrong and wasn't what I meant to convey. My son is extremely smart and I know that. I do consider his feelings when making decisions and yes, we did both have little tantrums in the store. It was wrong of both of us. At the moment, saying/doing the right thing just didn't come to me. Looking back, yes it probably would have been fine for him to ride in the car cart, but at the moment, I didn't think about it.. I was just trying to...
Yes, we have had a very long day. It was already after 5 when we were at the store and I still had to get the stuff, drive 20 min. home, cook dinner, do the last 2 loads of laundry, etc., etc. and dh doesn't get home until almost 7:30. Yes, it's been a freaking loongg day. Plus, he has swimmers ear and tonsilitis, so he's not the happiest kid on the block right now. And yes, he was tired. I had to wake him up to drop off the loaner vehicle and get dh's truck from the...
I realize the car cart is fun for him and I know he likes it, but I was in a major hurry and those things are impossible to push. Plus half the time I get down 1 isle and he decides he wants out! So then I'm stuck pushing the huge cart that only has 2-3 things in it.. Pointless, IMO. There is not another store to go to(yay to those of you who live in big towns and have more than 1 store) and I completely forgot they were even in the store. It's not a very big store,...
Bite at what bait? It's a serious question. Want an example? fine... An hour ago, at the grocery store. A quick trip to pick something up at the pharmacy next door and then we went to the grocery store to get strawberries and something for dinner. DS(just turned 4) started climbing into one of the carts that looks like a car. I told him that we were only getting a couple of things, so we didn't need it. He wouldn't listen. I told him 3 more times that we didn't need...
So, what do you do w/a kid who won't listen? Who won't do what you ask him to do? Just let him do whatever he wants? Sorry, I don't understand...
Quote: Originally Posted by veganf Kind of "lazy" gentle discipline for the authoritarian minded? LOL. I don't know. Just my impression. Hmm, maybe that's why I like it...... I do believe in treating kids w/respect, but I also believe that I'm mom and they need to listen to me b/c of it. Guess I'm more mainstream that way.
I haven't read all the responses, but wanted to say that some kids don't move from one activity to another very easily, so a 'heads-up' on what is next is helpful. If i tell my ds it's time to clean up w/o any warning, then he'll throw a fit b/c he has to suddenly stop what he's doing. If I give him a warning(or 2 or 3) then he knows that he only has so much time to play and then he knows what is coming next. Does that make sense? It sounds better in my head. LOL.. ...