or Connect

Posts by Cardinal

You have no idea how much I appreciate your responses everyone. DH is still in California doing his interview at Beale. He'll be offered the job Thursday assuming all goes well and he has to decide then if we'll go or not. 2 days away! Anyhow, he has driven ALL around the base extensively HE reallylke Grass Valley but we won't live there as its so far from Sacramento. He said there were lots of hippys --- like real, commune living hippies and it was awesome. He...
Quote: Originally Posted by applejuice Go to Florida. CA is bankrupt. This may seem like a ridiculous question, but when you say CA is bankrupt, what do you think that will mean for me and my family? Bad job outlook? Bad schools?
Quote: Originally Posted by SugarAndSun I haven't been to that part of FL, but I didn't like Sacramento. What did you not like?
Anyone ever lived at Beale AFB in CA? I need info fast!!
Quote: Originally Posted by primjillie I've lived in Sacramento all my life too, and if I had the chance, I would be out of here! Too hot in the summer - I can't stand it when it doesn't cool down at night and winters lately have been very grey (except the last week which has been beautiful!). There is a lot to do around here, but the traffic is horrible and I think people have gotten so rude in the last 10 years or so. If you like big cities, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by calidarling I have lived in the Sacramento area my whole life and currently live in downtown Sacramento. I have to tell you first off that if you are at Beal, you will be quite a ways from Sacramento. You will be near Marysville, Yuba City, and if you travel just under an hour in one direction you will be in Roseville, and in another direction you will be in Sacramento. I don't know much about Marysville, some of my in...
I worked at the Salvation Army for a while and many of the women who were applying for assistance and Angel Tree gifts for their children had very nice purses. BUT... I didn't judge. Who knows what the story is/was. They could have been fakes or perhaps they were gifts or perhaps they bought them when they had money and now they were going through hard times. I usually commented on how much I liked their purses and we'd get into how great Louis Vuitton bags are and such....
I used to have an obsession with Kate Spade purses. I think I had 6 or 7 and each was $200 and up. I had a Prada, 3 coaches, and some other designers too. BUT.... that was back before I was married and before I had kids and responsibilities. I chose to spend my money on purses because I thought they looked fabulous and I enjoyed having something nice. I have never bought expensive shoes or jewelry. Purses have always been my special splurge. however, once I had kids I...
Thank you for your replies. We actually are very fortunate in that we have a choice. We already have orders to Florida, but, if we accept this job we're being offered in the next week, we'll be going to California. If we turn it down, we keep the orders that already exist for Florida. EIther way I am very excited but I don't know anything about the places in terms of schools or kid friendly attractions.
anyone?