or Connect

Posts by zuleicamoon

Thank you all! I forgot to mention I tried the backward pjs, but he flipped at the pressure around his neck. He is my most challenging child by far (#4 of 5) and really keeps me on my toes, so I'm quite sure I'm not ready to move him out of his crib ~ I really dont hink he'd come get me, and at least with things as they are I kow the mess is contained to his crib. Dont think I want to add "hunting throughout the house for last night's diaper and a pile of poop" to my...
Every morning for the last month or more, he wakes up and before making a peep he takes his diaper off. This leads to varying levels of freak out on his part depending on the state of his diaper. Usually he yells "help" as he desperately clutches a poop filled diaper between his knees. The last two mornings he has had his diaper off before he poops, and that is no fun for anyone Short of a video monitor (which we can't afford right now) so I can watch him like a hawk...
Would your group be a good fit for a family with older kids and littles? Or are your activities generally geared toward a particular age range? We moved to Sandpoint last spring and would love to get out and meet people, and so many things are designed for either big kids or preschoolers, but really rarely welcoming of both iykwim. ( By "bigger kids" I'm meaning upper elementary/early middle school age.) Do you have many families come down from the upper panhandle or is...
I thought I wanted my older kids present, too.  Leading up to the birth I told my girls (10, 7 and 5) that they were welcome to watch if they wanted but when it came down to it none of them chose to.  Now that I think of it, I don't know if that was really them or if dh shooed them out because he has a hard time splitting his attention and it was too much for him; I'll have to remember to ask them.  Anyways, they all four wandered in and out of my bedroom while I was...
Thank you for the ideas and support.  I think I'm just going to have to accept being patient and sloooowly build a little stash of cash as I can.  We really rarely use cash and as part of dh's accountability efforts we regularly go over the checking account statement with a fine tooth comb so opportunities are few and far between.  I also need to get over the intense guilty feelings I have being less than forthright with dh if I want to build myself a cushion.  I get hung...
So I'm not a single parent, but over the years I've thought seriously about whether my marriage can continue and I've always come upon a roadblock that seems so insurmountable to me -- achieving the level of financial independance that would physically allow me to leave in a community property state. The idea that I would essentially need to squirrel away double what I would actually need to set up my own household is so daunting as a sahm that I can't seem to figure out...
I hadnt hired a midwife, but I did consult with two later in my pregnancy when we werent sure dh was going to be able to make it home for the birth. So while I didnt have to terminate, I did have ot make the awkward (for me, I'm awful at anything even resembling confrontation) call letting each of them know I was going to go uc after all. The one I just left a message and didnt hear back after that, although I know she was supportive of my choice. The other was really...
We have had good fun this year with History Odyssey and REAL Science, both from Pandia Press. Enough structure for my kids (who sound a bit like Miranda's in that they asked for curriculums to follow) with enough flexibility for me that I dont feel overburdened by the strictness of it. The history is literature-based; we tend to ignore the maps but do the art projects (except for my 11yo who is a rule follower and likes to complete everything; she is one who wants...
I chose to have an anatomy scan done around 20wks (that was my only "outsourced" care) and then from about 32-ish weeks onward I checked my bp with a home monitor. I had a stethescope but could only ever find the umbilical cord (i didnt really expect to find baby's hb so I was ok with that). If dh hadnt already had a stethescope lying around I probably would have bought a fetoscope. I bought the bp monitor because of I had some specific symptoms; in the absence of those...
I actually chose with my fourth birth to forgo a free birth in my bathtub for a mw assisted birth in a nice comfy pool, so for me the drive for depth, comfort and space was significant. For baby #5 (planned uc from the start) we bought a tub and it was heavenly, better than I could have imagined. Like so wonderful just remembering it now is almost bringing me to tears. If we had a large garden tub I probably would have used that because I'm cheap, but I think I would...