or Connect

Posts by treereach

We looked at both them and Coursera this semester for some filler for my 16 yo homeschooled/cc student. We went with the Coursera this time because they had a programming class that fit what he needed. He just started it, but thinks it's great so far.   I think it could be beneficial in other ways despite not being for actual credit. I like that he can run with it without me having to manage any of the information for him, but that's kind of more related to...
If you haven't done it yet, *don't* redo it. You can force them to pull the tooth. If they 'don't perform that procedure', leave the office and find someone who does.   They never tell you that the procedure won't do jack for the underlying infection. It's *under* your tooth, as well as inside it. Which means replacing the filling inside the canal won't take care of it. If you leave the abscess there, it will probably go up into the bones of your face, like mine did...
  See, me too. That's why I went. I even left everyone at home so I could just enjoy the movie myself. I think that's what really p'd me off about it. I was thinking it was a real movie. It's weird to me that no one is seeing what I'm seeing. It's like the movie was written backwards. Instead of someone thinking 'I have a story to tell', someone said 'let's make a movie to scare everyone into vaccinating'.    I think I'm coming across like a loony here. It sounds like I'm...
  Yeah, no.   Including the 'alternative' medicine bad-guy out to make millions off the fake-homeopathic remedy, eh?   I found it so funny that review after review had things like 'there's no cohesiveness' or 'no solid story line'. It's like they couldn't quite put their finger on what was wrong with it. It doesn't even seem to occur to anyone that they just watched a blockbuster infomercial.   Anyways. I don't vax, but that wasn't really what annoyed me. I'm not big on...
I just want to know who thought this was a good idea? And how come nobody that's seen it seems to realize that they just saw a 2 hour long advertisement for vaccinations?
It sounds like you are doing fine, but that your mom has confused the situation a bit. I would continue to calmly lay with him until he gets back into the routine of sleeping from 7 till 12. The more regular the routine is, the more comfort he'll probably get from it and I imagine he won't fight it for that long if you continue to cuddle with him. You sound like you are doing a great job already. i would just keep it up.
Anyone see this? http://www.grist.org/comments/food/2.../20/index.html Quote: High-fructose corn syrup doesn't just deliver a jolt of sweetness to thousands of processed food items consumed by tens of millions of Americans each day. It also may add a touch of mercury, a powerful neurotoxin that may not be safe to consume at any level. Like we needed another reason to avoid this stuff, right? Sorry to post and (maybe this should be in food, but I...
If you are a candidate for it, you might want to consider it. It's not exactly natural, but then contacts and glasses for the rest of your life arent either. I know several people who have had it done and they say the results are amazing. One of them had it done awhile ago and is now 70, so I'm feeling a little better about aging with it. I don't think I'm a candidate. But if they would take me, I might have it done even though I'm so. utterly. terrified. my one...
Sorry to bump this up. Just wanted to say thanks for your reply. TAKS looks like a good option.
Mostly because I'm curious but also because DS1 (11) doesn't mind taking tests, I've decided to try to find and educational assessment test for him just to see where he's at. We're mostly unschoolers but have some directed 'schooling' every once in awhile. Has anyone given their homeschooler a test? Does anyone recommend a particular kind? Due to the search function being down, I can't find any threads on tests. Could anyone direct me to a recent one? Thanks for...