or Connect

Posts by Aura_Kitten

Wow ... what is it with people asking about money?? Everyone around here is doing that too. * I * also was raised to think this is an EXTREMELY rude question ... right up there with asking women if they're pregnant or how much they paid for a gift you were given. When people ask me this I tell them it's none of their goddamned business, or, when I'm feeling cheeky and not so easily annoyed, I tell them straight-faced, "About a hundred million a year." (It's...
I, too, am sorry you're feeling the pinch ... but I'm glad stores are doing this. They've done this in parts of the UK, as well as Ireland, for awhile now with very good results. I stopped lining our kitchen trash can with plastic bags and just dump it in the dumpster outside, no bag, to avoid the cost when possible. And for grocery bags, I use re-usable cloth bags... yes, an expense but one that isn't recurring. They pay for themselves in no time. Boxes work too,...
Then you're already being a good friend. ... Also that was a good point eurobin ~ remember she's a whole person!! I hate the metamorphosis from Woman / Human to Mother-and-nothing-else... Also on the probably getting through it because she HAS to. I got a little sick of people telling me how "strong" I was ~ because it's not like I had a choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyS I can't stand cereal, so that's why I cook. Although, to be honest, frequently my toddler eats an easy snack early in the morning (usually cereal--he likes it ), then we eat a "real" breakfast mid morning. We in Middle Earth call that "Second Breakfast."
Quote: Originally Posted by Pancakes I'm in awe of all of you mammas that can get yourselves together enough in the mornings to actually cook something. To be honest, I'd love to NOT cook in the mornings, because I like cereal a lot, but it's just so expensive.
Oh man ... s to your friend. The best thing you can do is just BE there for her... you know. Let her cry or rage or rant or vent when she needs to, and don't offer advice or "wisdom" if you haven't been in her shoes, just LISTEN. When my ex- and I split up, I desperately needed someone to just listen while I cried, but more often than not I got some really unwanted advice. Plus dumb crap like, "Oh you'll find another man soon." When the last thing I wanted was to...
My 3 yo eats .... well, lots ... many times I take her to come to breakfast at school w/ my ds since he gets free meals. They serve the USDA regulation stuff... egg and meat burrito wraps or cereal, or something like waffle stix with sausages... or "breakfast dogs" which are like corn dogs but with sausage and pancake instead of hot dog with cornbread... plus fruit and milk. But when we eat at home, lately it's been pretty basic ~ a scrambled egg with a slice of...
Never had ANY side effects? Wow you're lucky ... I get massive side-effects from everything.
I have had eczema my whole life... and I had chicken pox as a kid... and I'm fine. I think people overreact about chicken pox these days, IMO...
Well ... since no-one else is responding let me come back and add this: it's been over a week now... I'm sleeping a little better but have bouts of drowsiness during the day that are literally disabling. As in, if I were behind the wheel of a car we'd all be dead. I have NO doubt they're caused by the Singulair as that's the only NEW thing that's been added in to my med list, and I've stopped everything else. In addition I have been having massive depressive moments......