or Connect

Posts by Carma

I also want to know. We cosleep with all our kids, oldest DD is 7. I cannot get her to her own room now, she would be by herself, while the other two are still with us. I can try to get the two oldest out (DS (5) and DD( 7)) together maybe. Who has experience with this?  
I also saw this study. Unfortunately it is in many papers, I read about it in a Dutch newspaper. The research has many flaws. The biggest is that they are not referring to SIDS but death trough suffocation in most cases.   Also did you see in the original paper how the chance of SIDs increases almost up to ten fold when the mom is 18 or >30? That clearly points toward suffocation (older mom is more responsible on average). And the other weird one: that SIDs chance...
My son also had long hair until he was about 4. I loved it, and no negative comments from anyone. However when we cut it (he wanted it short), some people said, that it looked much better short :( I miss his long curls.
A hemoglobin test should not be expensive, they can do it with a finger-prick method for a quick screening. I also tend to be anemic (heavy periods), and your symptoms seem familiar. You can also check the inside of your lower eyelids for example, they should be red not be pale.  
Could it be that you are also anemic, that can make you feel very low-energy too?
Usually it is is taking your husbands name or keeping your father's name ;-) What's the difference?     If your DH supports you and your DD I have no issues at all, don't understand why people would give you a bad time. But what if your DH has the same desire? Then the two full time working parents just have to pay a bit more taxes? Also, it is much better accepted for a woman to stay home and not work outside the home than for a man. That is also sexist.   Carma  
I think that a lot of people who say that also mean that your children will be special, but not is a racist or negative way. We have kids with the fine blond hair blue eyes look, and we also get a lot of comments on how cute they look. Where we are from in Europe almost noone comments on how they look, since a lot of kids have blond hair overthere. However, my relatives when they are visiting the US, comment on beautiful brown-eyed dark-haired kids they see...
You could try to get a hold of Jack Newton ointment, there is a recipe on this page: http://breastfeeding.about.com/od/nippleproblems/qt/triplenipple.htm. That helps with different possible nipples problems. The lanolin is not good for fungal infections (it keeps the wound wet), but very good for healing cracks. But I guess vaseline does the same thing. If you are pretty sure it is not fungal, then I would use a lot of lanolin to heal the cracks. And try to eat well...
We started about 2 years after I finished my PhD at 30 years old and had worked for about 2 years, I had wanted to start trying to have children since I was 25 or so but felt it was a bad idea due to my PhD. However it took us 3 year to finally conceive, so I had our 3rd at 39 years old. Therefore my advice is always to rather start earlier than later. Optimal time for career is very fuzzy, optimal time for your body is very clear. You will figure it out how to combine...
I agree with the above. Also in my experience, at home we nap when tired (and that means my 3 year old does not want to nap at home anymore). But at daycare he naps very well on a schedule. I know for sure, because I have been to the daycare around naptime and he was always  fast asleep. Daycare's tend to be flexible with naps until 12 months or so, after that it is one nap early afternoon in most places. It might work out fine with your child as well, I wouldn't worry...