or Connect

Posts by twins10705

Well, as a mom to micro preemie twins who spent the first 18 months after their birth as a zombie who had no purpose other than pump, feed, change, hold etc with NO help....I can actually say it would have been nice to have one of those slings....certainly never without supervision and I'm sure I would have waited until they were at least the size of a 4-5 month, but... I def would not be proud of a bottle propping pic...in fact, it embarrassed me whenever I had a bottle...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamoo You have soem awesome skills...I wish I had just a few of them. Thanks...but you know I feel like a real dummy for not being able to figure out how to use them....I keep telling myself I'm going to get things together soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by pranamama do you qualify for some sort of government job, esp with your military and or language skills. I think something with a set schedule and generous sick leave would be helpful. Any interest in teaching? you could probably start at a school in a intructional assistant role etc? I do have an interest in teaching actually. I have experience tutoring in the languages and also basic elementary subjects and...
I think exposing him to grown men who respect women is probably one of the best ways. My two are young yet but they do get some time each week with their grandpa and I am hoping that will rub off. I also think/theorize that showing mutual respect to our children is the best way to earn their respect... I'm trying anyway...guess we'll see how it went in another 10-15 years..
I had horrible luck online dating....found it very emotionally draining....things would be going so well one day, then nothing.... it's nice to hear of some other women having success that way however! good luck
Thanks for all the responses....I'm doing some researching online and signed up on one site that allows me to put in bids for translation/transcription projects.....it would be nice if I could make something like that work....in the meantime, I have a phone interview scheduled for a wireless company call center that is only open M-F 8-5....sooo that would be a great schedule and an ok job until I can find something better... still brainstorming..thanks!
thanks, you have a point. You know, I spent a lot of time trying to find a job using Chinese....but in the end, it would have involved a move across the country again which I don't feel I'm ready for right now. There are a bunch of hospitals around here, I suppose I could just start submitting my resume and see if they need an interpreter. I would hope I could make at least $12 per hour doing that kind of thing, but like I said I'd do it for $10 at this point. thanks
I was just reading through the most recent job threads and so many of you have such wonderful advice! I didn't want to hijack someone else's so I wanted to start a new thread asking for some opinions on my situation. I have two boys that are about 2.5 years old. I have been completely on my own as a single mom for over a year now(thank God for FS, medicaid and childcare assistance programs!!!). I NEED a day job....I've been working nights and long shifts at...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaloveseee My sil adopted a little girl from China that is three weeks older than her youngest daughter. She calls them twins and dresses them alike and says they act just like twins. She says it is called Twinning. I do not care what it is called, they aren't and never will be twins. I would like to know how, they do not act anything like mine. They act like to sisters who play together. They do not have the twin...
My two boys are 2 years 5 months and they are sooo destructive....I put things up and away but they climb everything and literally destroy whatever they possibly can -- including each other....the bites and bruises....the kicking and smacking. I have a lot of bruises on my legs from when they kick while I'm trying to dress and change them. I have large blinds in my apartment that they are destroying -- they will not listen to me at all! I'm not sure how much the blinds...