or Connect

Posts by twins10705

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann-Marita Your human baby does not need cow's milk any more than a cat baby would need horse milk. Or pick any two totally unrelated mammals. Why would one species "need" milk made for another species? (Sorry if I'm jumping in here. I don't usually post in this forum, but this thread caught my eye.) If the kitten was too young to do well on solid foods, horse milk could very well save its life. Ideally, there...
Quote: Originally Posted by Electra375 I would not feed my children store bought milk of any kind PERIOD, it's all pasteurized and pasteurized milk is poison. Did you know a baby cow fed pasteurized cow's milk will die? No thanks. Actually, I think you're thinking of nonfat milk -- calves fed defatted milk usually die quickly, but they actually can survive on pasteurized whole milk. Raw milk is, however, much healthier and easier to digest....
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom For today, I want the whey so I can make kimchee. (although I make it plenty enough without it). Oh, you need it today? I would just drip some yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colinder(sp? ). One word of caution though....my fermented cabbage turns out gross when I use whey. It has a "barny" aftertaste. If you have a tried and true method of making your own kimchee, you might be better off just using that.
m
Quote: Originally Posted by AmyAnnZ Read the book "Sugar Blues" by William Duffy. And reread it when you forget how bad sugar is and go back to eating it. I'm about due for a reread. :
Quote: Originally Posted by thismama I would protect anybody's human child over my most cherished animal. Thank-you! I am shocked and dismayed that everyone doesn't feel this way!