or Connect

Posts by ladle24

Me too!
Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothingbutbreast Well it pulls the diaper from the crotch UP better IMO. It also for my DD it pulls the tabs out of reach so she doesnt feel the need to tug at them. http://photobucket.com/albums/d156/M...rue&interval=3 Here's a pic of my DD in a cover from behind. It has a prefitted under and the cover is a a medium short(i altered it to be shorter rise since she has a low rise. I also love the look of side aplix...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothingbutbreast My DD is TINY She is 17 pounds at almost 24 months The med darling diaper pattern fits like a glove. I use side aplix/touchtape because with snaps i NEVER get a tight enough fit. After 2 years of searching I'm VERY happy with the darling diaper pattern I'm using prefitteds now which I LOVE I used the darling diaper pattern to make a cover(theres a picture thread here) and LOVE it. Good...
These are some great suggestions. The Darling Diaper is an AIO, right? Any suggestions for fitteds/covers? I like to be able to customize the absorbency of my diaper, like the pocket diapers, so I'm thinking about trying to make a pocket fitted with a wrap cover. But the thing about the narrower crotch PLUS the wider behind area sounds good. I just wish my kids had a bottom that would hold a diaper up! You guys are great!
Quote: Originally Posted by eternalw your son sounds like the same size as mine! liam is 14 1/2 mos and may be a bit taller and heavier, but skinny too! i have sewn vb aios (as a fitted) size large fit well- and also the vb fitted front snap...i just recently bought a bikini cut cuddlebuns to see how that fit- and i love it! it is so trim and the wings are touching but not overlapping, so plenty of growing room. i bought the pattern and plan on...
Thanks so much for your input! I've never used the wooly nylon before, so I wasn't sure. I didn't want to go buy it all and then find out I didn't need it, though I'm sure as my stash grows, I will acquire some. Thanks again.
Thanks so much for the input! I appreciate the help!
Quote: Originally Posted by brogansmomma I don't have any advice but wanted to say (not that it contributes anything of value ) that I'm looking forward to CD because then I won't have to whipstitch short lengths of elastic into the front of Brogan's flat-front/elastic-back pants anymore to keep them up. He's slender, not necessarily skinny, at 23lbs, 32", and 14.5 months. We haven't had any problem with gaping diapers. We've only used disposables...
Hey again- From your experience, do the knit or woven soakers hold up better through repeated washings and dryings? The outer layers of my hemp fleece soakers (knit) are just shredded, though I still use them that way, ghastly mess that they are. Should I try making soakers with an absorbent core of hemp or whatever, but with a piece of cotton flannel as the outside layer to take all the wear and tear better? Has anyone ever tried this? What kind of needle would one...