or Connect

Posts by ladle24

I want to make some soakers out of birdseye for my newborn, since my hemp soakers bit it after 2 kids. Should I buy the Gerber flatfolds to sew up or should I go with the Hancock's birdseye when I get my coupon in the mail? Is one a better quality than another? I'm also going to try some of the more absorbent bamboo for my middle child. Thanks so much.
Hey again- I was just wondering about polyester thread. Everyone seems to say that it doesn't wick, and it seems to be what people use, but that stuff seems to wick on my FB. Logically, if the liner fabrics we use on account of their wicking, stay-dry ability are polyester, like the microfleece and what not, then it seems like the thread would wick too, right? What about nylon thread? Anyone have any experience with that? BTW, Joann's microfleece goes on sale 40% off...
Hey- I've sewed for years and even made my own wedding dress from a pattern I drafted myself, but fitting a cloth diaper in the legs has got me stumped!! All diapers, even disposables, seem to gap in the legs, at the back of the thighs, on my boys. I can do it if someone can explain to me what concept it is that I'm missing here. I thought that really tough elastic stretched as much as I could would solve it, but I'm not so sure. Also, I have lots of trouble getting my...
I think I just got a bad batch of Fuzzibunz- my size smalls have worked great through 2 kids- no shot elastic, no casings coming undone, very little wicking trouble. But my Mediums!! I am sick of them. After 1 child, The elastic is shot, the back casings keep coming unsewn, and they wick like crazy, also, the fabric seems to be weakening in the snap area. They are a mess, and I've only used them for one child!!! I took one apart to fix it the other day, but boy that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayneysews Samantha,your wraps are lovely,I was just getting a mental piccie in my head last night about doing gussets,are they fairly easy to just make up? I mean all my designs and patterns so far are my own work! I would love to talk gussets with you all!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, those covers are too cute!!! Is there ever wicking to the cotton on the outside? I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't think I...
I just made a test wool cover bound in FOE, but it may take a while to find the answer to that question, or maybe not. We'll see. I'm still in the testing phase. My question was, is there a certain type of thread that should be used in making diaper covers or is polyester just fine? This was my first attempt at FOE. For a sewer just used to sitting down and sewing no problem, that stuff sure is tough to use : . I can't say that I did a pretty job, but at least it is...
[QUOTE=discojoy]Yeah, I signed up for some Bamboo on one of the yahoo co-ops. I can't wait to try it! It might be a few more months until there are enough orders, though. Hi- Which Yahoo co-op would that be?? Thanks.