or Connect

Posts by bscal

Hi Cat, I remember you from the Large Families board on BBC (which I totally don't visit much anymore). Anyhow, I'd try again. I'm a Co-Leader of my older DD's Daisy troop and quite frankly I'm crazy busy. I try to get back with people but I'm a busy mom with a million things going on... so sometimes I forget. Also, depending on who is volunteering in your Service Unit... some of them are really great and some of them mean well but are highly disorganized...
I have had major issues with postpartum anxiety... so I know the big fear that you are feeling right now OP. With that said, I think that most mothers, whether or not they suffer from anxiety, would take a child in to the doctor or ER if that child suffers from a medical issue and they felt that the child *might* need to be seen. It is far better to have the child checked out than to ignore something that could be a potential problem. I know my middle daughter...
My younger 2 kids are 17 mos apart... so I have BTDT. You have to remind yourself that a 2 yr old little one does not really know how to play with other children anyways. 2 yr olds are very much in their own little world. They explore the world around them to see what happens (learning cause and effect) and much like a group of very small mad scientists they do the same thing over and over - for example poking the baby - to see if they get the same results every time. ...
I so need this thread today. Really. DD1 - JUST SHUT UP. I AM TIRED OF YOU GOING ON AND ON ABOUT EVERY.LITTLE.F#@#ING.THING LIKE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!! And if you could TRY to be a bit nicer to your little brother he probably wouldn't bite the snot out of you. (I admit that there are times when she just will not get out of his face and he's told her NO 12 times and then he bites her... and I think to myself "you deserved that one kiddo." Mean mama.) DD2 -...
My oldest was 2 1/2 when my younger dd was born. IMO, it sounds like your son wants some Mommy attention. While your mom is here take advantage of that time and leave the baby with her so you and your son can have some quality time. Some things I did for outings with my DD: - Walk around the pet store and look at all the animals. - Post office - she loved putting letters in the mail slot. - Grocery store - at her pace... we'd walk around and look at all the...
My son has "seasonal" allergies. Unfortunately he seems to be allergic to something for each season. We're in GA, so there's always some kind of pollen to bother him. We started out treating with saline as well. But after repeated double ear infections, sinus infections so severe he had green gunk oozing out of his eyes and several upper respiratory/wheezing issues... we now have him on Zyrtec. We've been quite pleased with it. We have him on it at the...
We have a certain routine that has all 3 of my kids running to the bathroom to brush their teeth. (Each one wants to be first!) The child stands on the stepstool and starts to brush. I stand behind the child, with my hands on their hips and gently sway them side to side singing our "Brush, brush, brush song". It's a made up song to the tune of "Shake your Booty". The words are: Brush, brush, brush. Brush, brush, brush. Brush your teethies. Brush your...
I am thankful that my OB put me on Zoloft when my 2nd child was 3 months old. I shouldn't have waited that long but I didn't feel I needed it... I went in to the OB on the advice of a family counselor I was seeing to help me deal with anxiety and panic attacks. Honestly, before starting on the Zoloft I was so stressed out and having so many postpartum anxiety problems that I wasn't parenting my older DD (3 yrs old at the time) in a gentle way. More like crazy mood...
I just wanted to post and offer some moral support. My older DD is also 7 and going through some tough emotional stuff. She's always been a bit of a 'mama's girl' but she ends up in our bed about 4 nights out of the week. Our 4 yr old DD does too so we wake up most mornings with a bed full of kiddos. We came up with 'rules' years ago. I tend to get migraines that make me quite ill if I do not get enough good solid sleep. If you cannot respect the rules then you...
While I completely understand not wanting any more 'stuff' in your house (my oldest DD has a December birthday)... there are going to be some parents like me who understand the overwhelming amount of stuff you're trying to deal with BUT also want to encourage their children to be kind to their friends and have the spirit of giving. I know that either of my girls, aged 7 and 4, love to think of something really fun that their friend would like to have. They picked out...