or Connect

Posts by Fyrestorm

I believe that the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has not admitted that any of those cases were related to the vaccine (ya know, it's never the vaccine and always a coincidence) and even if it were vaccine related, all dead and injured children are just necessary collateral damage to the greater cause.  
  I wonder if the disconnect comes from denial? If you want safer vaccines, you have to acknowledge that the ones that already exist are inherently not safe.    Who wants to admit that?  It's the same reaction we see from people over many controversial parenting choices.  Insistence that their way is the best to the point where they stick their fingers in their ears, cover their eyes and sing La La La, rather than even listen to information that shows that there might be...
Having been adopted, I really can't speak to anything genetic in my case, but I can tell you that I was vaccinated up the wazoo as a child.  Mom was a peds RN and we got EVERYTHING!  I as even given small pox even though it had been removed from the schedule the year before I as born.  I still got both the measles and the mumps and who knows if I had rubella since it's so incredibly mild in children.  When I went for my marriage blood tests in 86 and again in 99 I tested...
I know I'm really late to this thread - But I LOVE The Crochet Crowd.  Mikey does an amazing job teaching everything from the basic stitches to complete projects step by step with great camera work.  He's a sweetheart and is ADORABLE!   http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeyssmail?feature=watch  
The shady way this vaccine was tested is what puts me off this one in particular.    http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/g/gardasil/gardasil_pi.pdf   note tables 1-4 show the saline vs the adjuvent vs the antigen - but...once you get to table 5 (adverse systemic events) they are now combining the adjuvents and the saline - funny how that works...  
One of my BFFs owns and runs an overnight camp.  They accept the same forms as the schools in accordance with state law.  We have a physical exam exemption in CT as well as a vaccine exemption.  The camp accepts both.   You can not be held responsible in any way if a child comes down with a VAD, especially if your child doesn't have said VAD first.  Can you hold them responsible if your child catches something from a vaccinated child - like pertussis or shed CP...
With adults being un or under vaccinated - herd immunity isn't possible even if you believe in the theory - besides, the theory was based on natural immunity, not false and waning vaccine induced immunity.  
I promise it does get easier!  My almost 9 YO is  vax free and has never been to a pediatricain.  It was difficult in the early years, play groups etc. where the subject came up all the time - family holidays when people would ask how she did with 'her vaccines' etc.  Now, it's a complete non issue except for the occasional phone call from the school nurse informing me that there is a case of something going around the school and she has to inform me that I should call...
I use metal tipped bottles for henna - I find I have much better control.  You can get them online or at most hobby shops (usually in the cake decorating dept.)  
ITA!  The ethical question is what other body parts can parents consent to the amputation of without immediate therapeutic concern?  I have an awful history of ingrown toenails and no doc would take me seriously if I asked to have DDs toe removed with no imminent need.  Where exactly does proxy consent start and end Ryan? Are there any body parts that you would remove from a child because the parents want it?   I'm waiting for the challenges to start against the FGM bill...