or Connect

Posts by phillychiquita

Mama, I feel for you. I think you have to start with what YOU want and need and go from there. I can't see how you could get through this without a good couples counselor to help find out about his anger and to help you navigate your differing needs. I suppose if you can call a truce on the hostilities and talk about whether anything is salvageable (usually it is if both parties want it to be) then maybe together you can map out a path to get back from the edge of the...
Ok -- So most of what I learned was about avoidance. We now have bed bug sniffing dogs going through our buildings regularly. The team that does that led the education sessions...here are some of the highlights of what i learned. Freezing temps dont kill them - they can be frozen and then go dormant until it warms up. They can live for up to two years in dormancy. High heat kills them. Putting clothes or anything you suspect having had contact into a hot dryer...
OMG -- me!!! I work for a property management company and several of our buildings have gotten infested -- when just one new person moves in with bedbugs, and soon they spread and its a total nightmare. I recently went through an education session with the rest of our staff and learned all there is to know about bedbugs, how to prevent getting them and/or bringing them home, what to do when you go to a hotel, someone's apartment, etc....but to your point....Its totally...
I am getting really excited!!! I finish up most of my work projects tomorrow, and to celebrate I just scheduled myself for a facial and prenatal massage on Thursday. On Friday I will work from home and then I will just start taking it easy until baby arrives. I have been so stressed out trying to wrap up work projects (I am an executive at my family's smallish company) and meet deadlines, and I know baby is going to be waiting til I get a little more zen, so I figure I...
Hi Everyone, For most of my pregnancy I have been a lurker mostly but I guess its time to come out and say hello! I am due on the 29th or 30th according to my LMP and having a boy this time around. So I am around 37 wks and a few days --   My first baby came at 39wks+1day, so that same timing would put me into Thanksgiving week -- I am bigger this time, and baby seems lower, and everyone in my family thinks I am going to go earlier, but  like a pp, I cant imagine...
Have you called Christy Santoro of motherland Midwifery? 215-hmbirth is her number and she has a website. She was with womanwise (of elkton) but spun off. She is located in South Philly close to the Walt Whitman bridge. She delivered our daughter, and she's wonderful.
Thanks -- these are timely and great reminders for me!
I am 33 weeks, so have some time, but you guys rock... I have absolutely NO freezer meals or stocks of extra food and suplies yet. I am not really the primary cook (DH is) so if I can just get a few things -soups, sauces, etc...and make sure the pantry is stocked, then I am sure we'll manage just fine. We've got a few (maybe 4?) meal drop offs coming our way which will be great too. I am making a big takeout-delivery list for us also As far as other stuff, I online...
For the day, we go to the parade in Philadelphia, which is basically going by right in front of my mom and dad's condo, so we hang out with my family in the morning, and my DD loves watching the balloons and bands. Its really fun as long as it isnt raining. So we will do that. For dinner, I dont know what we will do. My MIL, the person who always waits until the week before Thanksgiving to decide what to do, actually tried to pressure me into making plans last week. I...
Oh I am so mad and sad for you. I dont know what I would do. My story is nothing compared but my SIL/BIL blatantly took the name that we were going to use, named their son with it as his first name, and then called him by his middle name. Now we have no boy name and my MIL thinks (and is pressuring us) we should still name him the name (now his cousin's first name) that we were going to use -- which would basically mean two of the four cousins would be named the exact...