or Connect

Posts by phillychiquita

Quote: Originally Posted by lemurmommies Okay, so just to double check - the Born Free glass bottles are wide-mouthed and accept Avent nipples? There is a store that stocks them located about 20 minutes from our place, and I want to be sure I've got my facts straight before I head over there tomorrow. I want to know this too....
therapy helped a lot in transforming my relationship with my parents while they are still alive. We are very close now. The other thing that I did was begin to recognize that my parents and my in laws are human beings, and they make mistakes and say dumb things like the rest of us. I know that somewhere along the line I have done or said some pretty dumb or insensitive things to others, and so do they. Parents are not perfect people - they are just older people. I...
We are recovering Catholics who have left the church. We haven't found anywhere else that feels right, and we are now basically practicing a buddhist way of living. So we just did one.... It was lovely, and all our relatives said how meaningful it was and how it was much more personal than a baptism. We had a non denominational officiant do it, but you could easily do it yourself or appoint a person to facilitate it. We invited only our immediate family and close friends,...
Circling back -- After doing the research, discussing all sides of the issue, we ended up delaying everything til 4.5 months and then did prevnar, DTap and HiB and those are likely the only ones we will do at all. We wont do HepB, MMR, Chicken Pox, etc...
we go every christmas!!! do it!! we go to Puerto Vallarta, you can fly direct from denver
Hugs mama! I just nursed and nursed and nursed for my DD when she was like that. I hardly went anywhere, but it didnt last (thankfully) much longer than a few weeks. The miracle blanket also seemed to help us a lot, as did holding DD in front of the running sink faucet (DH wasted a lot of water) which seemed to be a magical cure for screaming. Wish I had more tips! Know that we have all been there!!! Hugs and hang in there....The most consoling thing another mom...
I agree with the PP that you should tell her it bothers you. We just "outlawed" the word fussy, b/c one grandmom was using it too much with DD. Truthfully, DD is not a fussy baby and I feel that calling her that makes it sound like she is overly needy when in fact she is just trying to tell us something. Plus, I believe that if you call them something (especially at such a young age) they will only live up to what you have labeled them as, and we dont want her to be...
I have resorted to using oxi clean spray stain remover. That in combination with sun exposure seems to get the worst of them.
We took ours back to the store after seeing my niece eat some items from Thanksgiving dinner out of her mesh thingy. It grossed me out totally and completely. I could see how they would be useful for an ice cube but you can also fill up those cute Under the Nile organic veggie teething toys and freeze them and the kid can have it by themselves and go to town with no choking threat. I just think they are kind of gross when people put food in them.
You know, I think all the names are nice, and neither Forest or River is mean. They are timeless names IMO. Plus, you have to remember that when he is older, practically none of the kids will have seen Forest Gump.... It is timeless now, but it will be considered an old movie by the time he is older, and kids his age are unlikely to be watching that movie over and over again...they will have moved on to something newer. So maybe if you were naming him Shrek, that would...