or Connect

Posts by cam's mama

Hi, My son just turned 21 months, no sign of my cycles returning yet. I too am waiting somewhat impatiently for them and find myself freaked out when I read postings from mamas who didn't get their periods back until 30 months! I guess it is that planner control freak in me! I planned to get pregnant when ds turns two but have found myself wondering if that's going to be possible. I'm trying to be zen about it though and realize that my body just can't handle another...
Hi, I'm currently reading Love and Anger: The Parental Dilemma by Nancy Samalin. I think it's quite good and straightforward and might offer some suggestions. Toddlers really know how to push buttons! Hang in there. Deb
Hi all, I've been more of a lurker than a regular poster but I have been trying to nightwean my 20 month old son for the past few months in hopes of getting my period and getting pregnant with our second. After a lot of stopping and starting I think we have basically night weaned without too much trauma (we used a loose version of Dr. Jay Gordon's method). So now I'm just waiting for my period. It's funny, I even have vivid dreams about getting it! So best of luck...
Hi, I don't have any good suggestions but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! We have always laid down with our 20 month old baby boy to help him fall asleep. It sometimes takes an hour or more at night which can be really trying. I have tried all the suggestions I have heard - keeping a regular bedtime routine, slowing down the hour before bed, soft lights, music, no big snacks before bed. Still, our little guy just wiggles and squirms in bed...
Hi, I am the nursing mama of my almost 20 month old (I can't believe it!) baby boy. I have yet to get my first post-partum period. We are in the process of trying to nightwean (he nurses two times during the night and a couple more times during the day). I'm wondering what else has worked for folks trying to get their cycles to resume while still nursing. Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone! Deb
Hi, My husband is also in recovery. He got sober less than two years ago, a few months before our baby was born. He goes to about 3-4 meetings per week. I'm empathize with you because I think that feels like a lot! It takes a couple of hours, with getting there etc. and then he has meetings with his sponsor and his sponsees as well so I feel like this takes a lot of family time. I almost never complain about it though because I feel like it is more important for him...
Hi, I am nursing my sweet 19 month old boy about 5x per day, including a couple of night nursings. I really want to get my period back as we would like to start trying for our second baby. We tried nightweaning but Cam had a really hard time with it, it affected him during the day too, feeling insecure, and wanting to nurse ALL the time. So I'm hesitant to do that. Any suggestions for ways that people have helped their periods return? I've heard about the herb...
Hi all, I'm so glad to find these postings. I am nursing my 17.5 month old and want to start trying to get pregnant this Spring. I haven't had my period yet and am starting to get concerned. My husband and I decided to start out by cutting out night nursing. My baby only nurses once or twice during the night and actuallyI have not nursed him at all between the hours of 8:00 pm (when I nurse him to sleep) and 5:00 am for the past four nights. He cried the first night...
HI, A friend of mine had this problem for many months with her 2.5 year old. They just started acupuncture treatments and are having good results so you may want to consider that. good luck! Deb
Hi, A friend of mine has a 2.5 year old who has had this same problem for many months. They just started acupuncture treatment with him and seem to be having some good results. So you many want to look into that. I know how hard an issue this is. Hang in there. Deb