or Connect

Posts by Blooming

So I was wondering about potatoes. I have never grown them before but my little one loves root crops so I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe. Here are my questions: -I'm in a 3-5 zone, is it even possible? -Who should I buy from? -I was thinking about planting tires in tires (as mentioned somewhere else) but I am worried thye will leak cheamicals. How have others planted potatoes? I still love the idea of taking the tires off one by one and then letting the...
Quote: Originally Posted by alaskanteach Was anyone else thinking Chester Copperpot? Or was it Copperbottom? (goonies reference..) And yes, I was thinking that! "Angie you Gonnie...gonnie, gonnie!"
We have made a decesion. : First, I wanted to let everyone who was concerned about the floors know that they aren't going anywhere. I love them, in fact all the wood in this house was what made me fall in love with it. Someone took the time to build in a lot of the furniture right down to the dressers. However, the cabinets will be painted. We took off one of the hinges yesterday and the wood is ugly. Not to mention DH really wants to bring color to the cabinets...
honolula- Your post gave me a chuckle. My house is an old New England farm house.It just has yet to see renovations. Oh, and Bigeyes, and if your kitchen slut, I'm not sure what that makes me. I'm so confused I don't know which kitchen I want to spend the rest of my life with. Your point about what I think of as country is right on. I'm actually off to do a test on one of the cabinets to see there true color. Oh, I don't think I can make them open. They are about 2...
My seeds came today! IT felt like a holiday. I'm so excited. I love the little packages and I can't wait to try out the freebees. So now the question is how should I store them?
well, it looks like project cabinets is on hold. As DH and I talked it through we realized that this was much more of a spring/summer project. We are going to put a small amount of paint thinner on one and see what color they could be naturally. I wish we could hire a woodwoker to just fix them up and make them beautiful!
I'm thinking about soil too. I made the mistake of reading two diffrent gardening books at the same time, now I'm a bit confused on what the best nutrient combination is. I think I'm going to start the seeds with something from here: http://www.gardeners.com/Soil-Mixes/...efault,sc.html
Quote: Originally Posted by tine1973 There are some really good ideas here! For the drawers that are not in great shape, I would take them out, put a support in, and find some baskets that fit in those spaces. Ohhh, I like this idea, I've been wondering what to do with those. DH and I are going to paint the cabinets. I know, the wood can be beautiful but once you see a picture of my whole kitchen (which I'll try to take when it is clean.) I...
Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter Do you have a friend at the farmer's market or a local nursery? They can't reuse those 4" pots that you can fit like 18 of in an 11x22" flat. I've gotten lots of groovy and multi-sized square and round pots from my tomato lady - she can't reuse them, and was just going to toss them. I need to go see her this year (last year I was a bit too waddly) and maybe get my hands on some more... I am lazy and don't really...
I would like it. I hate having to ask people how much things are.