or Connect

Posts by Blooming

So, I need a pressure cooker to save more food for my family. I was going to go with the All American cooker as it was well advised. Then I saw this one: http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...arch1Prod=True I like it because it plugs into the wall, (we need to buy a new electric stove as soon as we can save up the $) but I also know very little about pressure cookers. What do others think of it?
I've stopped canning here as our harvest time is over but my family has been eating lots of applesauce. It was my first year canning and I good year for learning, I will be canning a lot more next fall.
Okay, I got a catalog in the mail a couple of weeks ago, It wasn't one I usually get. (a hiking type magazine) On the first page was an adult pink bike with a basket and bell, the whole package. I lost the catalog and really need the picture. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what company it is? Thanks.
DS wants a dollhouse from santa, he is three and asked for one that is more then we have. I would really like to get him one though. His brother is really into knights and soldiers and such so we don't have much in the way of dollhouses. DS3 has planned suprise parties for a whole lot of pirates, LOL. So here is what I need in a house: He likes the multlevels so he can reach in with ease. He likes furniture, to decorate with (and food). I don't want it to be pink...
Quote: Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma Well tonight I made an incredible meal on the cheap! Left over rice 2 cups torn up spinich (could easily use frozen) Saute 2 cloves of garlic in 2 tbsp butter (or olive oil) add 2 tbsp flour to make roux add 1/4 cup parmasan cheese (I used the cheepy stuff) throw in 1/2 cup milk, allow to thicken, add spinich, allow to wilt, add rice and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. You could add left...
oh man, that stinks. I hope you at least had a little fun with the kids before you feel. It's funny that you should post this because, I have noticed this too and was reminded again this week, when a friend dropped a can of fruit on my foot. It's still a bit achey.
We only planted two cloves, now I'm wondering if I should go grab some more cloves!
Well this year was my first real garden. It was a wonderful learning expereince, as I'm sure next year will be too. We harvested: Many cucumbers, all eaten fresh A large ziplock bag full of baby carrots (We planted them way to close together) Loads of yellow tomatoes Lots of green and yellow beans, some frozen some eaten fresh Melons and pumkins did not grow Lettuce Peas zucchini didn't grow Broccli bolted I'm pretty sure I planted the spinach too late but...
Quote: Originally Posted by KariM Here's our *nearly* final canning yield for the season (we still have some new potatoes to put up): - pickled carrots --7 pints - spicy pickled beets --29 quarts --16 pints -diced chiles --16 half pints -stewed tomatoes --4 quarts --30 pints -pears --11 quarts -applesauce --38 quarts --1 pint -tomato sauce --50 pints -apple pie filling --24 quarts This is so wonderful,...
Quote: Originally Posted by *violet* Right, I got it. I thought there was another carmel apple *sauce* recipe (not butter). Can you tell I get a little excited about caramel? I love it! : I love carmel to. Does anyone know if it is still okay to can since it contains dairy? (I only hot water bath) Do the rules change since the dairy has already been processed?