or Connect

Posts by Virginia Mom

We took the two kids to CA last year in Nov......they are zero to selectively vaxed....and no flu shots. We did a very strong regiment of Echinaecaha (I can't spell today). Anyways, it was not from a store.........but from a Master Herbalist in NY....we started about a month prior to trip.....ten days on, 4-5 off, ten on....you get the idea......and took it with us............also, did baths every night on trip-----------and lots of hand sanitizer. They didn't get sick...
My dd will be 5 soon......and she has severe kidney reflux in one kidney (the urine shoots back up into her kidney.....bacteria and all).......So she's on long term antiobiotics for another year while we wait and see if her body can do some partial healing......but even so, she'll need some sort of surgical intervention.  The urologist is suggesting something called DEFLUX as a possiblity.  While I hate the idea of this foreign substance put inside her little body...
I agree, it does sound like he's having a hard time. But first, don't freak out about the suggestion about having him tested....if you decide to have any testing done, the earlier it's done, the better chance for help.  But putting that aside, it sounds very weird, that if your son had any problems in class, that the teacher didn't take the proactive step and call you.......I'm guessing that he's in a private school.........it should be a small class size and you are...
Okay, your mom is like my mom.........I hate to say this, but just do a bold face lie and tell her that your DD is allergic to the dog...and the doctor said no way no how can she be around it........get an epi pen, or bring a big bottle of benedryl to make it 'look good'..........hey, sometimes grandmas are crazy.....
Wow, this is such a sensitive topic. But everyone obviously loves their kiddies and doggies.  Our doggie is a senior now, and the kiddies are preschool and kindergarten..........but for us, even though she's a dog and we know her temperment (and that could be a whole other topic...but dogs are animals, not humans), but after the story last year about the 4 or 6 year old being killed by her dog (mom left her in the yard with dog to play....dog strangled her with her scarf...
Well the guy who did the scan said level 3 but the urologist says between a 4 and 5
Hi Mommies. Just found out that my DD  4, after almost 4 months of non stop UTIs, with fevers over 105, have severe kidney reflux.  And the urologist wants to keep her on a very low dose of meds for a least a year (till potty training can be perfected and she's a bit older for some other interventions)   I would love to hear from anyone who has had any experience with this............I hate to have her on meds this long......but with the reflux, it just pumps the...
Another thing to think about, and it's more of a concern depending on where you live is Lyme Disease and Chronic Lyme.  (which you have to be really careful about if you are nursing bc the bacteria is passed via breastmilk)......But anyways, I personally deal with CLD,and memory loss was one of my big complaints (plus speech impediments, and the whole list of neurological goes on for miles)---but it's different with every person. And there isn't one specific test that...
Okay I hate to say this,but trick him........give him a syringe of fruit punch....let him squirt it in.....and then one with the meds.........(hey, you never know).............my kids just finished a few rounds of meds.....and one was really nasty......but CVS was really good (once I thought to ask) about knowing what flavor would mask some of the icky taste    
Has anyone heard about some new carseat law that may become federal mandate......that all kids 2 and under will need to be rear facing?? Maybe before your friends invests in something,she should make sure it will hold child past 40.........(we had trouble finding a forward that we could use a 5 point harness beyond 35 pounds..........)