or Connect

Posts by Virginia Mom

Wow. First of all, being a former New Yorker, take this to heart when I say 'watch your back'......I think it's great that it's out there to offer to babysit, etc.....but also protect yourself in the sense that mom can all of a sudden start accusing you of abusing the child......I've seen it happen before. I agree with calling CPS.......but that won't guarantee anything..There are parts of NYC that make it really hard for authorities to do anything................and as...
Okay, I'd so love your help with this......my DS, in K, freaks with the school bus.........as long as it is his regular driver he's okay. But if it's a different driver or differnt bus number he refuses to get on the darn bus (and I end up driving him to school, in my jammies most of the time :)............I'm not really sure what the deal is.......at first I thought maybe he was thinking the bus wasn't going to his school...but when I asked him he thought I was...
I know that this title grabbed the attention of every mommy out there...and I can't believe that I forgot to write in and tell everyone about it. I found out about this by accident.....found some paper in my kids backpack the first day of school that mentioned something about a Public Directory.........and how the school has the legal right to publish and distribute certain info unless a parent  specifyed otherwise (what killed me was when I hysterically spoke to about...
Food for thought: I keep reading about single vaxs........has something new come on the market? When I tried to find the MMR as individual shots about 5 years ago, the manufacturer said that they no longer made them that way............. or when you say sep vaxs, do you mean MMR sep from chickenpox? Just curious. And yes you would have a legal stance if you had filled out some sort of religious exemption or medical exemption............that the office had on...
While we don't vax now, when we used to, before any shots were given, we had to sign a paper/form that listed exactly what the shots would be..........and that paper stayed in the charts...see if you have any form like that..........the paper copy, not the computer copy.....the computer could be wrong..........   a horror story.....the last ped we went to, I overheard the nurse telling another nurse how they accidently gave the flu shot to the wrong...
When I was nursing my youngest, my lact. consultant at the hospital gave me this thing....it was almost like a straw or tube you tape just at your nipple, (but the other end of the tube was attached to a bottle of pumped milk --even formula for moms who don't have an adeq supply)..anyways when baby gets anywhere near nipple or straw milk comes out...does that make sense?
We're going thru something similar with my own daughter. One thing I just learned, ask for copies of her labs....not just the lab that shows E coli is present, but the report that shows the antiobiotic sensitivity.....so you can see for yourself which meds will kill the infection.  We're on our 5th med.......after two ecoli infections, and now a new bug, which is very drug resistant.........we're doing D Mannose and even doing Thuja (homeopathy) in the...
Hello. A friend suggested I purchase Manuka Honey............there are so many brands, etc out there......can anyone suggest a good quality one? I want to purchase it for medicinal use .... thanks.
And it doesn't really matter if it isn't really a religious issue............. take whatever you can get   look at this website as well   http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html   
Our form was called CRE: certificate of religious exemption......and I had to search the internet for it............the school and health dep (Va) would not give me one.............. It's a simple paragrph that says You, the parent, refuse vaccines for your child based on religious beliefs............or something like that   It does not say anything about prior vaccines, etc, so no need to share that.............the school will not really know the rules about this...