or Connect

Posts by Virginia Mom

Hi. Just some other tips.....have child start loading up on water a day prior....(the more fluid in system the better) your pediatrician can also give you some litocain swabs....put on about ten minutes before.......also, use a heat pack on the arms where you think they will draw...(warm/hot cloth, or a heat/heel pack provided by lab)........another tip....try to make an online appointment with the lab...and if you can call them up and explain your situation, they may...
Okay, here's a thought, and please don't freak out about it............even if you go thru all the trouble of finding a 'safe' backpack for your kid,it may not really won't matter in the long run.......first off, he/she will only wear it on the bus...the rest of the time it stays on a hook or in a cubbie...(next to 30 other toxic bags)....so....while it may not be such a big deal what he brings, he will be exposed to major toxins in every class he enters............hope...
Wait a second..your post says that it all starts with a sore throat...........are you able to see an ENT perhaps? (and if a doctor does a strep test, request both a rapid and a culture...culture should check for strep and staph ....)
Have they checked him for Lyme Disease? You can get similar pains ...and the 'phantom' fevers that come and go............. ticks can be so so super small that it can hard to spot....(also, make sure they are checking his Vitamin D3 levels...not just D, but the D3 that will also tell you if an underlying infection, like lyme or something else is going on.........)
yeah, it's about a 25 minute drive for us......we've been going there for years....we see both of the doctors....they are awesome with the kids........regular adjustment....alternative stuff (they call it TBM)...I call it, talking to your body to try to fix it :),.....maybe give them a call and see if they can suggest someone close to you.......(also, they both have special pediatric certification for working on children...not just 'chiros' that adjust kids....feel free...
check dona.org   doulas that have not reached certification (i think they still need 6? births) will sometimes do free and low cost births
Glad she's on the mend.  I got a little lost with the posting...what was the actual procedure she had...Was it teh deflux? And you said you Would NOT suggest that? what's the other option, the re-implants? I'm on pins and needles until we get our results back to see what the suggestion will be.......I'm so glad that your little one is doing better. 
Some kids just learn at their own pace.  With our DS, we use 'home made' sign language ...just three or four gestures ....for more, for hungry, for thirsty, stuff like that..........don't forget the reward/bribery system (it goes both ways, but it's whatever works for you).Also, I know you mentioned a speech therapist, but depending on where you live, there is a program called child find...check with your pediatrician for a referral.......one program is for 2-5 and...
  Is Old town Fairfax too far for you? Dr Erica and Dr Celeste are amazing! http://www.maimonideschiropractic.com/
what about just baking soda with water.........make a paste...scrub...leave on for a few days and vacuum like crazy. I actually did this with a bowl of sauce on a light gray rug....left the baking soda and water mix (hard as a rock) on for about a week.........turned out great.  A friend of mine used plain table salt (the whole container) for a white carpet and a red wine stain...also worked great...she just poured the salt on straight and waited for it to absorb and dry...