or Connect

Posts by Virginia Mom

Hey Mommies......posting for my friend..........she was just told that her DD has immobile eardrums....that there is some sort of blockage and that she has major hearing loss from it (she also suffers from major allergy complications--seasonal, etc)....the plan is to do tubes to help with drainage and then to remove adnoids......Anyone gone thru any of this.......any insight, tips or feedback would be very helpful.  
Morning. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this....I only scanned thru the responses....but your note about how the K only addressed letters halfway thru the year jumped out at me.....small town or not, every public school, or rather teacher/classroom, needs to meet/follow state standards.  Every state has their own set of educational standards for each grade level--for public school.  Go to your district website or even call them up..........you can get a copy of the...
We ended up checking ours in..............the airline was nice enough to put them in plastic bags....and they didn't get damaged...but not sure what we would have done if they were damaged in transit...........we couldn't really bring them on the plane bc the seats were so big...........but here's a tip......one of our trips, hubby dropped us off at airport with everything while he parked car and shuttled over..didn't even want to think about doing the whole circus train...
Putting the breed of dog aside.....(because we've all been reading heated responses)....you originally mentioned that the neighbor volunteered in a shelter, and brought the dog home---for a temporary situation.........I'd wonder what brought the dog to the shelter to begin with..............it used to be that shelters would 'screen/test dogs' especially certain breeds (again, not mentioning a specific breed) to see if they would respond in a safe manner to kids, adults,...
Seriously..........if any mom brings her kid to the doctor and that kid has a fever or is sick, they can't get their shots....so they are now on a delayed schedule..........I bet there are lots of  kids on 'un-intentional' delayed schedules.........we had to stop the shots for medical and everyone thought we were nuts....eventually i just stopped telling other moms about it........expect a hassle from the school when they go to K, and if you go to the ER.........but YOUR...
Okay, I can't believe I'm writing this........but what can you tell me about the 'visitors' in my house? Thanks.
I think if she's having trouble speaking, that maybe that's a concern that it could make breathing difficult? I know about the benedryl thing........we looked for some two nights ago and only found the sinus one at first ....ended up going with the store brand...and it was hiding in a weird spot.  Maybe consider benedryl (with the extras)....but here's an allergy thought.............it may sound weird...but twice when we had our carpets cleaned by professionals, the next...
You're not crazy. It's mothehood....no matter how it came to you.  It will get better.  A quick question though...you said all sitters had to go thru background........aren't there special agencies that have already done this? And what's going on with the house situation? Are things still being repaired? What about a support group?
I just wanted to add, in addition to writing the "guardianship" clause in your will or living trust, make sure and give copies to the intended guardians.........if the worst happens, you don't want your children sitting in 'the wrong' household while the paperwork is located.............
OMG......100,000 of ecoli........that's high.........if you addressed this already,then just ignore......but what about you physically looking at her cultures............to make sure that she is being given the correct meds? Some doctors do not send urine out for cultures...they go only by a positive dip...........we now have to have a note in DD file that all dips, no matter what, get cultured..........maybe if you haven't already, ask PED for a copy of her last three...