or Connect

Posts by bellona

Ok, I have three children, ages almost 2, almost 5 and 6 1/2. When they were infants there was no bedtime, just gentle encouragement to sleep at night and play during the day (yk, I was more energetic and playful during the day and less at night because I was tired!). Eventually they got to the point where I started doing bedtime. With my oldest it was "it's bedtime." With my middle one it was a little less set in stone and my youngest (and the older two now that I've...
I can certainly sympathize with the rest of you with questioning kids. My ds is the grand inquisitor . A typical conversation might go this way ds : "Mom, can I play *insert name of the newest most goriest computer game he saw advertised in his uncles gaming magazine : *" me : "Uh, no." ds : "Why?" me : "because it's made for adults and I'm not comfortable with you playing it" ds : "but I've played alot of games, I'm a good strategist and I need more of a...
I'm not willing to put them in school for the semester. That seems silly to me because my class has two parts - one part meets either two days a week for 45 minutes or one day a week for 2 hours, the other part meets one day a week for 2 1/2 hours. I think I'm going to try to get into the 2 hour one and I was planing on watching the video of the 2 1/2 hour lecture instead of actually attending it. That way I can bring my kids and not worry about a baby sitter. The...
My cat had kittens (when we rescued her she was pg). She was still nursing them at 12 weeks when we had to get rid of them all. Here's how I got rid of them - I stubbornly refused to listen to any common sense or reason until it got to the point where our landlord said either give them up or be evicted (a 1 pet/household rule at that time) and dh refused to relocate for a bunch of kittens But we gave them to a shelter that agreed to keep them together as long as...
Thanks for the replies. I just finally heard back from my sd and she's changed her mind. I'm sure her mom had something to do with it, but I'm not going to dwell. I'm signing up for the class and hoping something works out and if not I'll just drop it and try again next year.
I don't like that phrase either...and the one time I heard dh use it with ds came right back "ya, but I want to know WHY you said so!" My ds is 6 1/2 and has a very short attention span when the subject matter doesn't interest him (like when he's being told he can't do something he wants to do ), and so when he's going around and around with the why? I often ask him "I think you already asked me that. Do you remember?" When he says yes, I ask if he remembers what I...
I know that's got to be hard. I'm sure that with time, things will get easier...the most important tool I have in disciplining my children is knowing them. I know what they like and what they don't like, what's important to them and what's not. You're in a situation that's going to take some getting used to, the kids just lost their mother and it doesn't sound like they've had an easy life before that. As hard as it will be, try to remember that the kids need some...
I was just on the phone with my grandmother - and I should mention that I do not talk parenting with her because she was harsh with her kids and regrets it so I don't want to rub salt in an open wound, yk? We've never talked about parenting experts or anything. Well, we were talking about when her kids were young and she mentioned Dr. Spock...Then she said "and now it's Brazelton". I asked how she knew about Brazelton and she said that when she was in nurse's training...
I lost the paper I had written everything down on for the last day. I blame it on MDC for being down so long It was about 200 things...so that means I may have met my goal of 2000 I REALLY need to get alot more done...alot of orgnaizing and more decluttering. I just want to get things as simple and streamlined as possible because I think I might be reallyreally busy come fall.
My dd loves her high heels and dresses up with them alot...but then she loves all her dress up stuff. Both my ds like the shoes as well . The little one (almost 2) has taken to stripping naked, putting the shoes on his feet, her princess crown on his head and coming up to me to ask if he's my little princess