or Connect

Posts by acystay

I use them too for the floor and LOVE it. I actually use one until it is dirty and then get a fresh one.
Thank you Frank! I always learn so much from your replies. I don't know why I ever doubted my relationship with my children. They never seem to mind and we discuss our differences openly. It was just the feeling that I got and having past abuse issues made me kinda uncomfortable. I just ultra sensitive to that. I've always wanted my children not to have a problem with their bodies and to know the REAL names for their body parts.
I've been thinking on this for a couple weeks now. My 2 sons went to the doctor. We basically started going to this GP b/c dh wants a doctor close to home and not Dr. Sears' office which is an hour away. Anyhow, before I could even realize it b/c dd (6 yrs was there too) and this is after waiting for 45 mins in the waiting area and another 20 in the exam room ds1 is put up on the table and low and behold pants are down soon after and he retracts the foreskin. DS1 is...
I'm a goof! I see our dr. tomorrow!!! So, I guess what I needed to express a little better and why I'm kinda like I am not sure about this is b/c this was the first time this particular doctor has seen my children. He also knows I'm little crunchier than most (i.e. non-vaxing, homebirth, organic, homeschool). My first visit he even made comments like we needed a few more trees to be hugged in the parking lot. So, I'm kinda thinking is he just jumping on this b/c I'm...
Anybody done Hemp seeds to help with inflamation? Of course we ran out of probiotics for the kids and I went to get more only find they were sold out! I'm also going to boost up our fish oil intake. We use Nordic Naturals and the kids LOVE it. I can't bring myself to take that away too. I'm slowly phasing out milk for him and trying this hemp seed drink that was also recommended. We see our doctor on Wednesday and I'm asking for different inhaler. Corbin is just...
We've been doing honey too for coughs. I try to really treat colds for night time too. I also give mortin b/c to be honest at night I want something for my head a fever. I can feel they would too. I really only do that at night. Hylands also makes a honey based syrup. I actually think those do a little more, but if I don't have any we just go for honey.
What did you finally decide to do?
Quote: Originally Posted by Meiri I think at this age, many docs with treat but not formally diagnose. They'll use the label "reactive airway disease" (asthma by any other name?) until the child is older and can be accurately tested for allergies. When is the appropriate time to do allergy testing? We were just discussing this today at lunch and thinking that with dd (6 years old) she would really benefit as well from testing. DS will be 3 in...
My 2 1/2 year old son was just dx with asthma. I need some help in figuring out the triggers for this. To be honest I hadn't noticed asthma b/c I've never had it nor dealt with it w/ someone else. DH had it as a child but doesn't really remember it. We are thinking colds will trigger his asthma. He gets allergic shinners during this time and when he coughs, it will just continue for a very long time. For us, it seems he keeps the symptoms of a cold much longer than...
Quote: Originally Posted by japonica I tried homeopathics (caullophyllum etc.) to help ripen my cervix but it didn't help much at all...this time I'll try the EPO and sex...but I still think (JMO) it's harder to ripen the cervix early, say at 37w, compared to 40 plus weeks...still I'm going to give it a try... I always though the caullophyllum was for contractions same reason you can use it during menstration. I could be wrong, but that is...