or Connect

Posts by starlightsound

there's 3 1/2 years between my sister and me. We could not be further apart. I've only talked to her 6 times in the past year, and it's always a strain. As kids there just wasn't enough stuff we could do together. We constantly fought and the jealousy ran rampant on both our sides! Just me experience...
I've been having chocolate ice cream in the evening with my 8 week old... no effect so far, but he doesn't seem to have any issues with sleeping at night. I'll keep you posted!
Our little guy is also 8 weeks old... same thing: a 10pm bedtime. I've been more concerned with his general lack of naptime during the day than his bedtime. He goes down between 10-11 and sleeps until 6-7 (with the typical nursing wakes about 1 and 4. During the day he only naps for an hour or two at most.
Quote: Originally Posted by rightkindofme I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I've got the right clothes for it. My seven week old daughter was having a hard time napping... then a friend gave me a swing. If I put her in the swing when she is really drowsy she will sleep for 4-5 hours. I think I'm going to try this. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks for all the advice! I've tried swaddling, but it's just so hot, he wakes up completely soaked within 20 minutes. Maybe he's just one of those kids that isn't going to nap during the day. It's just hard to not feel "touched out" at the end of the day.
I have a lovely 8 week old little guy that sleeps AWESOME at night ( sleeps 8-10 hours with an average of 2 wakes to nurse, then conks right back out) but has a lot of difficulty napping in the afternoon. He will sleep while we run errands during the day, if he's in his sling or moby wrap, if someone is holding him, etc. He'll nap for a good hour or two this way. But if you try to actually "put him down" once he's drowsy or sleeping, he won't have it and will wake back...
We just tried a pacifier for our long car trip with our 5 week old... I'll be going back to work soon and know he'll need it for when I'm gone. The look of horror and disgust on his face was priceless, although a bit alarming when I envision him with a sitter for five hours a day with no means of soothing himself. We have since tried several different styles (mam, avent, binky) and there is the same reaction. Any suggestions?
Right there with you... Ijust brushed my teeth for the first time in two days. My clothes situation is just about as dire. There is a mountain of clean unfolded laundry in the basement. It's all I can manage to just make sure there's SOMETHING clean. So I've just been getting dressed down there. Ack...
We've got a second hand kids store close by (Once Upon A Child) that carries maternity. I spent $26.00 there on a skirt, pair of shorts, swimsuit, two tanks and a t-shirt for our Mexico vacation two weeks ago. I then returned the $18.00 Target Maternity shorts I had bought the day before... I agree with y'all. I hate spending money at Motherhood. Besides the rudeness and horrible layout, the address thing drives me crazy, too. I'd much rather save the cash and...
Quote: Originally Posted by sasha1 well tomorrow is that BIG day and i think that im going to leave it up to DH to say yes or no, when they ask.. i think that secretly i want him to say yes thanks ladies, for all your advice!! I just saw this thread! We couldn't decide with our first. On the advice of a friend, we took a card with us and had the tech write it down and seal it up. That way we could go out to dinner (V-Day?) and open it up...