or Connect

Posts by QuestionGal

I've not read the whole thread, just the OP, and I'm not in your state/area so the laws might be different  but a couple of things jump out:   1- I've NEVER heard of a law firm acting as a debt collector. NEVER.  I have however heard of debt collectors flat out LYING to try and collect a debt and threatening things that are simply NOT possible or even legal. They get away with it because most people aren't aware of their rights when it comes to debt...
Hmm, I'm wondering if she's in a "Wonder Weeks" phase? I'd have to go look it up but it sounds about right. (Meaning she's on the cusp of some big mental or physical milestone and that the clinginess will pass eventually).   But um yeah....holding on a baby on your lap/hip while you pee and pull your pants up...that'd be too much for me too. I like what other people have said about doing what you need to do and then picking her up. Clearly communicate to her that you...
I finally remembered.    Parenting with Love & Logic!! THIS book is great. I kept trying to remember the title to include it in my earlier post but couldn't.  Anyways it's a great book and some places (our church did) offer classes based on these books (so you can actually engage in conversation with other parents and get some feedback).    
I think your biggest issue is lack of sleep for everyone, it sounds like your whole family is overtired. Remember, sleep deprivation is a torture method (yes, i'm serious).  Whether you or DS has SPD, I don't know. But I do know that lack of sleep will exacerbate any problems.    Also, while you are tackling your sleep situation (with things like a consistent bedtime routine at an age appropriate time) you *need* to address your social network. We all need people to...
no time to read PP's    have you thought about baby getting overheated in the bucket seat? That material is NOT breathable and with them facing backwards it gets warm quickly.  Both my kids had that issue (getting overheated quickly even in the middle of winter, which means temps of 60's) 
also have you tried baby probiotics? (if he's throwing up breakfast at 8pm I thinking his digestive system isn't processing the food very well). My DD is supplemented with formula and we've found that probiotics are an all around help (reflux, poops, gas/spit up). We do the baby jarrow stuff (can't think of the name right now).   Food Intolerance/ sensitivities? Something in the formula or if he's eating solids something in that? I'd think it's the formula since this...
I've been in a slightly different situation. DS started a 1/2 day (9-2) program twice a week at 11 months. They only napped for 45-60 minutes instead of his usual 2 2hr naps.    At 11 mo your LO might be starting the transition down to 1 nap a day. Have you tried making the switch? What does his daycare do/suggest? What is the age range in his room and what are their naptimes? Do they have a set schedule? Since he's at daycare 5 days a week I would suggest trying to...
I second the water idea. It's more water than you'd imagine. I think I read somewhere that when just starting out they should get 2-4oz of water per day and go up from there. Since your LO is 9 months they probably need more than that.  DD gets a sippy cup of water every meal and drinks about 1/2 (so a minimum of 6oz of water per day).  I've noticed that if she's not getting enough water then she quickly becomes constipated.   Also, about the miralax, I think (just...
DD is 6 mo old, DS is almost 4 yrs.    I think having a date night with your husband who is about to deploy to IRAQ is WAAAAY more important than debating weather it's "good" or not for a baby to see moving pictures on a screen (TV or Movie).  Time to look at the bigger picture.   Go to the movies. Your DS may be a bit of a handful (squirmy, talkative, etc). You could try to time the movie to be during his nap/sleep times in the hopes that he'll drift off (I...
ETA: I take back everything I just said. As soon as I hit "submit" on this reply DD woke from her nap and has refused to sleep since then.... 6, almost 7 hours ago!! I take back all my sleep advice b/c every time I give some it seems my children do their best to disprove whatever I'd stated.... I take it back, I take it ALL back!!!     evening routine: DH gets home at 6:30 Dinner til 7 hang out time 7:30 bath then in to her room for PJ's, wrap in her special...