or Connect

Posts by eastkygal

I'm excited to be coming back to a complete TF diet for my family after about 1 1/2 years of eating a combo diet.  Mostly TF during my pregnancy, but since birth I've made too many exceptions.   Do any of you order your meats?  One reason that I went away from TF was not having access to meat I want to consume in our stores.  We have no health food stores where we are.  I started eating less meat and thus more easy foods like frozen pizza.  Right... great...
This is basically my predicament too crazyms.  There is hardly anyplace here anymore that I want to spend my money at.  It will be hard to avoid corporations.  But, as you, I'd like to try to buy made in US or at least ethically ran corporations (if possible).  I am really excited though because there is a farmer's market now about 45 minutes away from my home. PumaBearclan - I totally get this and I really am also like you.  I don't shop all that much for new things....
I am wanting to start a new project and would like to build raised beds to grow both organic culinary and medicinal herbs.  I have some scrap wood that I would like to use to build them.  Does anyone have a favorite plan they use for this that would be something compatible with using scrap wood?  I have never worked in raised beds before.
Thanks for replying.  I know that the dollar stores aren't mom and pop.  I'm just wondering... lesser of two evils.  I do all of my grocery shopping at a regional chain grocer as the only mom and pop grocer is IGA's and they don't carry what I need and I haven't been pleased when I have shopped there in the past.  The price is also very high.  However, we are going to start doing some longer distance travelling for groceries too.  Anyhow, I'm just wanting to avoid big...
As many of you have probably experienced, corporations like Wal-Mart have taken over rural America.  A reliance on these box stores has developed as the mom's and pop's have been forced to close.  My great grandfather's store was subject to this.  Anyway, I'd rather support online mom's and pop's than Wal-Mart and the like.  For your basic needs, where do you shop?  I'm thinking the Dollar General and Family Dollar might be the better choice for basic needs that can't be...
What did you do to help your DD with anxiety?  Did you know the cause, or was it just a general anxiety?  I just had a baby, so that might be part of it, but it's been going on awhile so I know that isn't the only thing.
My DD1 will be 7 this weekend, and I have to say age six has been a trial, especially the second half.  Her attitude has really changed, but not her heart IYKWIM.  She has seen some of these shows at my family's houses or at friends' houses, but she isn't allowed to watch them here.  We don't have cable and only view things from Netflix or Hulu.  But, I have seen her behavior change when she has been allowed to watch shows that typically she isn't allowed to watch at...
My almost 7 year old DD1 has developed obsessive behaviors over the last year.  When I convince her to stop doing one, she moves on to something else.  Right now, she compulsively clears her throat.  DH has thought it might be a legitimate thing, but I have always suspected it isn't.  When she isn't actively clearing her throat or coughing she makes a little humming noise under her breath.  I've given her herbal syrups for cough and throat irritation and it hasn't...
What about sweeping?  We have hardwood floors... no carpets.  If I don't sweep at least every 3 days the floors are pretty filthy.  Is sweeping OK?  We only have the shop vac anyway and only use it to fight fleas here at home.  It's main purpose is for my hubby's work.
I just checked our new Tractor Supply and they have it!!!  So, I'll go and get some DE.  Just need to know now how long to have it down before vacuuming with the shop vac again.  Thanks.