or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

I love Retailmenot! All of the Hobby Lobby and Michaels coupons are use are from there (nothing to clip!) and that's also where I find all my free product codes on Shutterfly.   I do all of this stuff to, and it really works. I spend less money now and get more stuff, then before I started shopping this way. It's enabled us to donate a significant amount to our local food pantry each month as well. That's win-win. Just takes a little advance planning, and I never go...
Absolutely. We donate to our local food pantry serving our community at least twice a month with food, household goods and toiletries. It's my goal to donate a bag of stuff every time we do a grocery shop, and with the exception of one week this year (when I was out of state travelling for business) we've managed to pull it off.    In the fall we donate school supplies to the school drives, and during the Christmas holidays we do extra food donations, as well as donating...
 Yeah, seriously - WTH!? We had that yesterday and I actually got angry. I kind of went on a diatribe about it, during which husband and Little Man blanked stared me... At any rate, nothing exciting here today... I skipped yoga tonight since I'm feeling a bit buggy. Scratchy throat, congestion... and my family thinks I went on a diatribe about the snow; I will totally go off the deep end if I'm getting yet another cold. WINTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE OVER! But I digress... -...
 You can never go wrong with sticking some meat in a crockpot. Tonight we had Americanized "shepherd's pie" with ground turkey. ;-)
I noticed. Milk prices have jumped up by almost a dollar in the last month. Fortunately it's not hitting our budget as yet, because I'm pretty good at stockpiling staples and non-perishables when I can get them at rock-bottom prices with sales and coupons (all of the advance planning and clipping does pay off). And we'll have the garden producing in the next 6 weeks or so for fresh veg, so that will help over the summer.   Milk though... it's more expensive than gas...
I've been skirting around this thread since it started, but now I'm chiming in. Yes, I think it is wrong to get a tattoo while on welfare. Yes, we all deserve and needs treats in our lives, but sometimes we just can't have them. Sometimes we have to wait. And if someone else has to put food on the table for your family for you (which is what welfare is, in frank language) then other things need to get put on hold. You get the tattoo after you've gotten off welfare, to...
Okay, one more idea... OP, your post got the wheels turning! For an Easter egg hunt you could do a scavenger hunt - each egg would contain a clue, and the prize at the end is the Easter baskets. Cuts down on the number of egg fillers you need, and also makes for a fun activity. 
Oh, and buttermints! If you don't have peppermint extract, any other flavor would just as tasty I'd think. :-) Or bunny cake pops (I give the link for the picture, not the use of the boxed cake mix!).
 I literally just saw the coupon idea on Pinterest!  Two treats that are easy to make and are gluten free are rice crispy treats (all you need are rice crispies, marshmallows and butter or margarine) and peanut butter balls (peanut butter, powdered sugar and chocolate) or peanut butter Easter eggs. You could also make frosted shortbread cookies. If you know how to sew and have some fabric, you could make bunny plushies that look like the bunny peeps to go in the basket....
 I always amazed with these things work for people. CTA bus tracker in Chicago is absolutely useless.