or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

Very low-key day here -    - Breakfast - leftover cinnamon rolls and eggs.  - Booked our camping trip for late summer at Mississippi Palisades.  - Napped when Little Man napped this afternoon.  - Planted Swiss chard and potted up the pumpkin seedlings with Little Man.  - Lots of playing, reading and relaxing. 
I'm probably just going to have the rest of last night's pasta, but I've been thinking about pizza. Maybe I'll make that tomorrow night... 
Good afternoon for us here too -    - Played trains.  - Read some more stories.  - Looked at Thomas trains and train sets online with Little Man.  - Put away both loads of laundry.  - Made two Easter egg terrariums with Little Man.  - Played with random assorted toys with Little Man - mostly Little People farm stuff.  - Made dinner.  - Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.  - Entered some rewards codes online.  - Downloaded some free Kindle books.    Now......
 That's a good point about the health benefits, but the price is just out of our budget these days. Unless anyone knows of an affordable source to make me change my mind! 
 I am totally enjoying it! I don't even care what happens at work while I'm gone.   I'm home with Little Man while husband is off at his annual gaming tournament/convention. Husband will be home nights and is not gaming on Monday, so we'll have some family time then. I seriously hate these tables. They were hand-me-downs when we moved into the place, and they're the next thing I want to upgrade! Nice day here so far. Focused on cleaning so we can relax for the rest of our...
 I'm jealous of the venison stew! Bun-less burgers equal Salisbury steak to me - serve it with sauce over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. We also like ground turkey in shepherd's pie - we actually prefer it to beef now.  Tonight husband is off at a gaming convention, so I'm making sausage, white bean and kale pasta. I love it, but it's not really his thing so I try to make it on nights when he's not home. :-)
Where is this year going? I can't believe it's April already. But I'm so excited - I get the next five days off from work!!! It's probably going to go to hell in a hand basket and I'll come back to several thousand emails, but I don't even care. I just need a break!   Fairly routine day here -    - Tried to print some coupons, but the printer wasn't working, Meh.  - Put gas in the car.  - Stopped at the bank for cash.  - Stopped at the liquor store for wine.  -...
Simple stuff here tonight - beans and franks with tater tots. 
 Well... unfortunately I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I just wish I could be a farmer! But aside from work dramas, did a few things -  - Got cash at the ATM. - Played trains and tangrams with Little Man. - Made dinner. - Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. - Checked job listings and my emails. - Laid out my clothes for work.  Now I'm going to watch Call the Midwife with husband, and pretend that I'm not stressed out at all...
Turkey tacos with Spanish rice and refried beans here.