or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

They're pretty lenient on expenses; I just couldn't get a direct flight because all air traffic into Chicago was grounded. So I had to fly to the next closest airport that was open and then drive if I wanted to get home - the weather was miserable. I'm so glad it's over now.  Trying to get back to normalcy here -  - Got up with Little Man so husband could sleep in - got him breakfast and watched cartoons with him. - Had breakfast with Little Man and husband (husband...
  I'm finally home. It was such a nightmare. I didn't get home until 1 in the morning last night. So I was supposed to fly in O'Hare yesterday afternoon, but my flight got cancelled because they grounded all air traffic in Chicago due to gale force winds. Husband had to work today, so I couldn't wait for a the rebooked flight (which would've been about now). So I had to find another way home - ended up getting a plane to Moline via Atlanta, then a two hour drive from...
Husband made brats and rice/veggie mix before he went to work. No idea what the plan is for this weekend. 
I had nuggets and fries from Wendy's at Detroit International on my home from the business trip from hell!
 Ugh, no. Still on the road. It's 9:15 pm and I'm getting ready to do some more work here for a bit...  I fly home tomorrow afternoon... and it just can't be soon enough. 
OMG.    That is all.    Goodnight everyone!
 Nope; I can't see it either. :-( Well, I'm 700 miles from home on a business trip. It's so weird. It's very quiet and weird and lonely. I don't know how people travel for work on a regular basis - it must be so hard! My "accomplishments" for today are totally out of the box -  - Managed to wake up on time at the butt crack of dawn for my flight. - Made it through security without any annoyance, and got breakfast at Starbucks. - Navigated through O'Hare to the right...
I just did leftover bean and sausage pasta tonight. 
Busy morning here, though we all (including Little Man!) slept in until around 8, so that was so nice.    - Downloaded an airline app on my phone and checked in for my flight tomorrow.  - Downloaded Skype onto my phone.  - Made heart shaped biscuits (Little Man helped), scrambled eggs and turkey sausage for brunch.  - Swept the kitchen and bathroom floors.  - Deep-cleaned the kitchen (everything except the stove - still need to do that).  - Put away the St....
Today was a whirl-wind day - tons and tons of running around.    -Stopped at the bank for quarters for laundry. - Went to Old Navy to pick up a top I really love in another color, only to find that they don't sell them anymore. I knew I should've gotten a few the first time! Totally disappointing.  - Popped into Hobby Lobby to check out the St. Patrick's Day clearance. For less than $4 we got two shamrock votive candle holders, a large wooden shamrock plant stake, and...