or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

Well... unfortunately I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I just wish I could be a farmer! But aside from work dramas, did a few things -  - Got cash at the ATM. - Played trains and tangrams with Little Man. - Made dinner. - Did the bedtime routine with Little Man. - Checked job listings and my emails. - Laid out my clothes for work.  Now I'm going to watch Call the Midwife with husband, and pretend that I'm not stressed out at all...
Turkey tacos with Spanish rice and refried beans here. 
Did a few more things this afternoon -    - Ran two dishwasher loads.  - Tidied the kitchen.  - Stopped at Dollar Tree for large picture frames for window cling storage. Also found some more craft items for the egg terrariums - larger eggs, glittered bunnies and glittered mini eggs. Plus floral foam.  - Picked husband up from work.  - Made dinner.  - Baked oatmeal cookies.  - Half organized my work bag.  - Laid out my clothes for work.    Now I'm sitting here,...
Little Man begged to stop at Goodwill while we were out grocery shopping, and I'm glad I gave in (not that it takes much convincing!). For just $15 we picked up all of the following -    - How the Grinch Stole Christmas - 4 Thomas the Tank Engine board books - Thomas the Tank Engine Number game - Wooden Melissa & Doug tangram blocks/puzzle - Black molding wall shelf - 2 brand new in package Thomas the Tank Engine self-stick wallpaper borders - I'm really hoping it's...
Crazy morning of running around here -    - Quick breakfast of eggs and croissants.  - Dropped husband off at work for a day shift.  - Stopped at two Targets to cruise clearance. Found a Calphalon round cake pan marked down to $6, and a ton of gift wrap and treat boxes for $0.50 each - stocked up on plenty of those in red and tan/white since they're great for any occasion.  - Stopped at Michaels since they have a 20% off entire purchase (including sale items!) coupon...
Mixed up a bit of a pasta salad tonight - rotini, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, tapenade and bacon with balsamic vinaigrette.   Husband is working a day shift tomorrow, so I'm going to do a rotisserie chicken in the crockpot, with mashed potatoes and either green beans or corn. And I think I'll make an icebox chocolate pie to round out a nice Sunday dinner.
 They're pretty lenient on expenses; I just couldn't get a direct flight because all air traffic into Chicago was grounded. So I had to fly to the next closest airport that was open and then drive if I wanted to get home - the weather was miserable. I'm so glad it's over now.  Trying to get back to normalcy here -  - Got up with Little Man so husband could sleep in - got him breakfast and watched cartoons with him. - Had breakfast with Little Man and husband (husband...
  I'm finally home. It was such a nightmare. I didn't get home until 1 in the morning last night. So I was supposed to fly in O'Hare yesterday afternoon, but my flight got cancelled because they grounded all air traffic in Chicago due to gale force winds. Husband had to work today, so I couldn't wait for a the rebooked flight (which would've been about now). So I had to find another way home - ended up getting a plane to Moline via Atlanta, then a two hour drive from...
Husband made brats and rice/veggie mix before he went to work. No idea what the plan is for this weekend. 
I had nuggets and fries from Wendy's at Detroit International on my home from the business trip from hell!