or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

I ended up hitting the wall with work. Checked my work email and it was stuffed full of needless staff issues. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to show up at work, do their jobs, be nice and have decent attitudes. So I couldn't do anything else. I gave up in frustration, disgust and exhaustion. So instead, my evening looked like this -    - Updated my resume.  - Applied for a few jobs.  - Loaded the dishwasher and started it.    And I just realized that...
  Thanks both - I'm an Operations Manager, so it is a pretty stressful job... but it pays the bills. More work later tonight - I do need to finish those expense reports, and an estimate, and write up some process specs for one of our consultants... ugh. I'm pretty close to hitting my wall lately with this job. We've got a lot of major projects happening simultaneously as well as some internal reorganization going on, so things are seriously insane.  But anyway; today was a...
Husband is working tonight, so I'm just making spaghetti with marinara sauce and Italian sausage. 
UGH... I've been working on my expense reports for two hours and I'm still off by over $200. FML. I turned in what I've got and told them I will review again this weekend...
 Here I am! Work has been a complete nightmare lately... I've been doing 12 hour days all in. Good times.  So today was nice after work (round one) was all done -  - Helped Little Man plant some pumpkin seeds. We're doing the rest of the seeds we need to start early tomorrow. - Played trains with Little Man. - Sorted shape and color flash cards with Little Man. - Heated up leftovers for dinner. - Checked out the coupon preview for this weekend - nothing super exciting, so...
 This sounds so good! The next time I find a deal on pork ribs, I'm doing this!   Seriously - same here! And that's a good idea about the sliced onion!  I use aluminum foil so infrequently that I'm not personally concerned about any health risks, but the onion slices is a great idea if you're worried about it. 
We had a lot of leftovers in the fridge, so I had a hodge-podge tonight since husband is working - beef stew earlier, but I'm still hungry so I'm finishing out the last of the corned beef and cabbage with potatoes now. 
Here's an alternative planning method you might want to think about - pantry planning. This is what I do instead of meal planning. I want to decide what to cook on the fly as our tastes change and not be locked into a regime, but also need to work with structure and budget considerations. So I try to focus on having a well-rounded pantry - dry goods like pasta, rice and couscous, ingredients for basic baking, canned tomatoes/paste, condiments like oils, vinegar and sauces,...
Classic roasted chicken with fresh herbs and lemon slices. Take a whole bird, elevate it on a ring of foil in the crockpot. Stuff some lemons and rosemary inside and lay some slices and springs on the top. Cook on low all day. Don't add any liquid! It will turn out just like rotisserie chicken, only better. A nice mixed green salad with a vinaigrette on the side is perfect. Typing it out kind of makes me want to make it now... 
 Thanks. I like eating, even when I feel awful! :-)