or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

Hahaha definitely! Naps are the secret to success!  Another totally insane work day here. After work -  - Made macaroni and cheese for Little Man's dinner. - Made beef stew for our dinner (Little Man still refuses to eat meat product...)- Played cars with Little Man for a while. - Sorted through the mail and browsed a few grocery ads. - Did the bedtime routine with Little Man.  And now husband and I are going to watch This Old House, and I'm gearing up to do some more...
 I was literally just saying to my husband "I hope this isn't pneumonia!" - my lungs have just felt so tight awful. But I think I'm finally on the mend, knock on wood... Tonight I wanted comfort food, so I made beef stew with red wine and herbs de provence. We serve it over pasta. 
 Oy, that is a lot of dairy! Perhaps some experimentation is in order this weekend. I'll report back if I give it a go. Also, you got solo shopping time AND alone time at home all in the same day!? I'm so jealous! As for me... totally a Monday. I felt like I was hanging out on the inside of tornado at work today... after that -  - Played trains for a little while with Little Man. - Made dinner. - Laid out my clothes for work tomorrow and cleaned out my work bag. - Ordered...
 Well, I'm still going through a box of kleenex a day, but I'm upright! :-)
I made a bean and kale pasta tonight. Way too many beans in it though - I don't know what I was thinking.    Tomorrow night I plan to make meatloaf with a spicy ketchup glaze, along with mashed potatoes and probably some canned veg. We haven't had meatloaf in awhile. 
 Ugh, seriously. It serves NO function in modern society. It's just stupid and annoying. And now we're going to go back to waking up in the dark for a month again, which helps NO ONE. I'm one of those people that just fail at waking up without natural light. My hatred of daylight savings time is extreme.   Uses milk, right? I so need a good recipe for buns. You think it would work the same with soy or rice milk? I'm on third box of kleenex for the day (no joke) but I think...
I'm still sick, but better than I've felt over the last few days, so that's something.    - Made half-home made cinnamon sugar doughnuts for breakfast. They turned out gnarly looking and not at all like the perfect little spheres in the photo, but they tasted good. I was kind of shocked that it worked.  - Tidied the kitchen.  - Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher.  - Put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher.    Low-key day here today. We were supposed to go...
 Thanks; I actually did. Little Man did eventually fall asleep this afternoon, so I was able to catch some sleep while he napped. It helped a bit. Mustered energy to do the bare basics after we both woke up -  - Got Little Man a snack after nap time. - Browsed Pinterest for new recipe ideas while Little Man played trains. - Made chicken noodle soup for my dinner. - Made macaroni and cheese for Little Man's dinner. - Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher. - Filled the...
So, I discovered that I was really too sick to leave the house today. But I had promised Little Man that we would go to Hobby Lobby and Target, and a promise is a promise, so off we went...   - Went to Hobby Lobby. 40% off Easter this weekend, so we picked up 4 24-packs of mini Easter eggs, so we can make some egg garlands to decorate with. $2.50 for all four.  - Went to Target. I had $1.50 off Bird's Eye veggies coupons that expired today, so I was able to get 3...
 Thanks. I'm super tired of the winter sickies.  Tonight husband has to work, so I'll throw together a chicken noodle soup for myself. Last night he ended up picking up Subway on the way home from running errands.