or Connect

Posts by kitchensqueen

Ugh, no. Still on the road. It's 9:15 pm and I'm getting ready to do some more work here for a bit...  I fly home tomorrow afternoon... and it just can't be soon enough. 
OMG.    That is all.    Goodnight everyone!
 Nope; I can't see it either. :-( Well, I'm 700 miles from home on a business trip. It's so weird. It's very quiet and weird and lonely. I don't know how people travel for work on a regular basis - it must be so hard! My "accomplishments" for today are totally out of the box -  - Managed to wake up on time at the butt crack of dawn for my flight. - Made it through security without any annoyance, and got breakfast at Starbucks. - Navigated through O'Hare to the right...
I just did leftover bean and sausage pasta tonight. 
Busy morning here, though we all (including Little Man!) slept in until around 8, so that was so nice.    - Downloaded an airline app on my phone and checked in for my flight tomorrow.  - Downloaded Skype onto my phone.  - Made heart shaped biscuits (Little Man helped), scrambled eggs and turkey sausage for brunch.  - Swept the kitchen and bathroom floors.  - Deep-cleaned the kitchen (everything except the stove - still need to do that).  - Put away the St....
Today was a whirl-wind day - tons and tons of running around.    -Stopped at the bank for quarters for laundry. - Went to Old Navy to pick up a top I really love in another color, only to find that they don't sell them anymore. I knew I should've gotten a few the first time! Totally disappointing.  - Popped into Hobby Lobby to check out the St. Patrick's Day clearance. For less than $4 we got two shamrock votive candle holders, a large wooden shamrock plant stake, and...
Pretty good scores this weekend. Friday we stopped at Savers because I need some new slacks for a business trip, and we hit the jackpot -    - Grey Ann Taylor slacks $8 - Grey herringbone lined Ann Taylor slacks $10 - 2 pairs of men's Levis $16 - 2 Sandra Boynton board books $2   Then today on the way back from a trip to my sister's, we stopped into a Salvation Army in her town and found a few things -    - Thomas Take & Play set $0.60 - Toddler-sized folding...
Just me eating since Little Man is in bed and husband is at work. So I'm making sausage, white bean and kale pasta. But I have to quick cook the beans from dried, so it's taking forever...
 Soy wax is probably my favorite, and it's super easy to use. You can buy it in a tub of flakes, that melt up really evenly and quickly. It has a nice set and takes scent well. I save nice glass canisters from condiments and such (Better Than Bouillion jars are my favorite - at this point, there's no way that I make enough home made stock to cover our needs so I buy it to supplement).   Only the basics, and mostly square things. Potholders and scarves mostly. I'd like to...
 Hm, I'll have to look for one of those. I don't think I've ever seen one of those.   I hate it too, so I was excited to find two pairs! Today, not so much. So far, just played with Little Man a bit and got dinner started.